Verizon? where the heck you at on this?

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
i agree, verizon is by far the best coverage but the phone selection is the worst. at least they finally have android.

hatch.duffy

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Agreed, Verizon needs this phone. Not sure how the whole data plan thing is going to work with this phone, but I heard rumors that verizon passed up this phone. Seems like they would be stupid to make the same mistake twice (iPhone)

Elysian893#AC

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Agreed, Verizon needs this phone. Not sure how the whole data plan thing is going to work with this phone, but I heard rumors that verizon passed up this phone. Seems like they would be stupid to make the same mistake twice (iPhone)

They've got the Droid, and the Droid Eris, both great phones. They aren't making a mistake passing up yet another Android phone that doesn't really promise anything new.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
They've got the Droid, and the Droid Eris, both great phones. They aren't making a mistake passing up yet another Android phone that doesn't really promise anything new.

I agree with this to a large extent. I think Verizon's main concern right now is hurting the momentum the Droid has at the moment. Adding yet another Android device to their lineup this soon is likely to confuse consumers who are new to the Android platform.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the bravo according to the htc roadmap has cdma bands, which seems to be what verizon should end up with in the snapdragon phone market.

personally, i think it looks better than this device too (casing)

BUT, was it too much to ask for just an HD2 with android?!

briankeith513

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
VZW will get a HTC passion/bravo variant. This won't hurt too much, because now customers will have the option of a big screen with physical keyboard in the Moto Droid, a smaller/compact device in the HTC Eris, and a Large, all touchscreen device in the HTC Passion/Bravo. It gives choice, and it has already been leaked that vzw will be getting it.

briankeith513

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I hope what you say is true. I Dislike the droid due to the keyboard and don?t care for the eris due to its smaller screen, so if it has a large touch screen only with multitouch and no physical keyboard, it would be the perfect android phone for me.

It is definitely true, but I dunno anything about specific specs like multitouch.

barkerja

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
Verizon was looking out for themselves.. they knew Google plans on selling this unlocked and very reasonably priced. They don't want people coming with a data-heavy phone and not being locked down by a contract..

Come on now, you all know Verizon and how locked down they have their devices.

briankeith513

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Verizon was looking out for themselves.. they knew Google plans on selling this unlocked and very reasonably priced. They don't want people coming with a data-heavy phone and not being locked down by a contract..

Come on now, you all know Verizon and how locked down they have their devices.

VZW hasn't "locked" down a device in quite some time now. And if you want to say that VZW turned this phone down because they wanted it to be locked down by a contract, let me ask you this. How many CDMA phones have you EVER seen, that was "unlocked" to be able to be used on ANY CDMA carrier in the US? Can you answer that, or is it just fun to say that VZW just wanted to lock it down?

barkerja

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
VZW hasn't "locked" down a device in quite some time now. And if you want to say that VZW turned this phone down because they wanted it to be locked down by a contract, let me ask you this. How many CDMA phones have you EVER seen, that was "unlocked" to be able to be used on ANY CDMA carrier in the US? Can you answer that, or is it just fun to say that VZW just wanted to lock it down?

There are plenty of unlocked CDMA phones (specifically Nokia) .. but it's only a matter of getting the carrier to activate it for you.

starscream84

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I also don't think its a question about it being an u locked phone. They were origionally talking it may be a data only phone using Google voice to make calls. I think Verizon may have heard that and said hell no cuz it would esentialy be a 30 a month unlimited everything plan. But I think now with the t mobile branding it will be more like att and apple. Huge mistake on Verizon's part though.....you would think from the whole iPhone incident they would have learned. =)

barkerja

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
The matter of the fact is, Verizon doesn't need a phone to make them number one or oodles of money, their network does that. They're the number one US carrier for a reason, and that's because they provide the best coverage which is numero uno when it comes to a carrier.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The matter of the fact is, Verizon doesn't need a phone to make them number one or oodles of money, their network does that. They're the number one US carrier for a reason, and that's because they provide the best coverage which is numero uno when it comes to a carrier.

Bingo. There is a reason AT&T is NOT the number one carrier in the U.S. anymore. Did Verizon make a mistake in not taking the iPhone? I actually don't think so. It is quite possible that had Verizon been the exclusive carrier to the iPhone, THEY would be having the network traffic and bloating issues that AT&T is experiencing as we speak. Verizon is known for their extremely reliable network, with more coverage than any other American carrier (and may I add, the ONLY carrier in which I could get service with in Baghdad).

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
There are plenty of unlocked CDMA phones (specifically Nokia) .. but it's only a matter of getting the carrier to activate it for you.

Nokia phones are GSM, not CDMA. Sprint and Verizon are the two main CDMA providers, there are no "unlocked' phones between them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX