Nexus One OTA today -- not Gingerbread, but here's the file link

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
There is a boatload of modules touched in there. The patch script lists just about everything.
Although some are so small they may just be changing addresses of other elements.

IndivisibleP

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
sorry for being such a noob, but how do i install this?

I unzipped it and its a bunch of files. It doesnt seem like there is one centralized .apk that will run the whole thing.I saw that some files were .apk files inside some of the folders but i am hoping iam not suposed to go through and install them all individually.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
sorry for being such a noob, but how do i install this?

I unzipped it and its a bunch of files. It doesnt seem like there is one centralized .apk that will run the whole thing.I saw that some files were .apk files inside some of the folders but i am hoping iam not suposed to go through and install them all individually.

Don't unzip it.
I wouldn't recommend doing anything with it till the guys check it out.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Here's what I'm seeing so far:

The whole framework is touched by the OTA. The core of the framework itself has had a significant patch applied.

Every system application is touched by the OTA, but the focus seems to be on the Market, and the stock email (not Gmail) client.

When you update, you get an older version of the Market, but with a newer version of the vending.odex file. When you first connect to the market, you silently update to the latest version.

The recovery is touched by the OTA.

I'm not seeing anything visibly different, other than losing root in the stock FRG83 ROM. The apps and framework (and probably the recovery, too) were probably just patched to mark them as a newer version. I imagine this is all in preparation for the Market changes that are coming overnight, but there is a good chance that you will need to apply this OTA in order to get the next one, as it does touch the recovery.

Anyone seeing anything I might have missed?

liciece

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I just updated it.After the previous patch 2.2.1,I started to face auto-restart errors.I hope this latest patch could fix the issue and add some new stuff here.Well,still look forward to Gingerbread.

locus

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have not gotten the OTA update yet, I want to do it manualy, how do I do it ? is it the same way I woould of done 2.2.1 ? put the zip file in root of the SD card then reboot the phone ? I forget the next steps, could someone please refresh my memory ?

thanks

zenguppy34

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
not everyone got the update

I have two At&T N1s here. (mine and my wife's). I was able to force update my phone, but my wife's N1 could not get the update. Not sure why.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I have two At&T N1s here. (mine and my wife's). I was able to force update my phone, but my wife's N1 could not get the update. Not sure why.

How do you FORCE an update?

Checkin just does exactly that, it doesn't force an update.

So I'd be interested to know your method.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting a lot of Market Force Closes on installing of normal updates WITHOUT the FRG83D update yet applied. This just started happening this morning.

Anyone else seeing Market Crashes on the Nexus?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Are these downloadable files compatible with both the t-Mobile and AT&T nexus one?

And has ANYONE using an AT&T Nexus gotten an OTA update yet?

aviduser

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
No OTA for me yet (ATT N1). I did checkin yesterday and nothing. Gonna wait for it, cause it does not seem like a big enhancement.

For everyone wondering how to manually apply the update, you need to copy the zip file to your sd card. Then I believe you power off with a button combo--search to find the Froyo update procedure. This has been covered extensively.

aviduser

marrrio_

May 22, 2010
Visit site
att version nexus (in canada) and i havent gotten the update yet. why must the updates be sent out differently for the different versions!?

decyphersmc

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Just got this update OTA. Did a check in this morning, not sure if that prompted it or not.

oddly this update required a reboot, then another reboot and that one had the usual unpacking/installing box/robot pic on the screen.

It seems to fix issues I was having with text messaging (tapping on a quick contact > text message would sometimes just send me to the main threads menu)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1