Questions about the Android Developer Phone

badkuk

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
hi peeps,

i'm planning to get an HTC Desire, specifically because it's a twin brother of the Nexus One/Android Developer Phone, and i want to get the latest OS updates. i'm working on the principle that since the two phones are very much alike, that updates on the ADP would be available on the Desire, officially or unofficially. i'd just like to ask:

- can updates for the ADP be applied onto the Desire without any tweaks or mods?

- with the Nexus S coming out, will Google drop the current ADP and use the Nexus S as the new ADP?

- that being said, with updates in mind, which would make more sense -- buying the Desire or the Galaxy S ?

tia

Garjones27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
hi peeps,

i'm planning to get an HTC Desire, specifically because it's a twin brother of the Nexus One/Android Developer Phone, and i want to get the latest OS updates. i'm working on the principle that since the two phones are very much alike, that updates on the ADP would be available on the Desire, officially or unofficially. i'd just like to ask:

- can updates for the ADP be applied onto the Desire without any tweaks or mods?

- with the Nexus S coming out, will Google drop the current ADP and use the Nexus S as the new ADP?

- that being said, with updates in mind, which would make more sense -- buying the Desire or the Galaxy S ?

tia

To answer your questions:

1. You will have to have your Desire rooted therefore any updates on the Nexus One cannot be applied without tweaks or mods.

2. As a Nexus One owner I'd hope not but anything is possible. I just don't see Google completely neglecting the Nexus One though.

3. That's a tough question because both have skins overtop of the vanilla Android so the time to port those skins depends on the manufacturers and HTC has always been fairly good about keeping recent phones up to date but I'm not sure if the same can be said for the Galaxy S line of phones as it did take a while for the GPS fix among other things.

Hope that helps.

badkuk

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
bump B)

So which phone should i go with, Nexus One/Desire or SGS? i'm also thinking about the Desire HD but i don't quite like the form factor and price tag