Will you pay $530 for an unlocked Nexus One?

Will you pay $530 for an unlocked Nexus One?

• Total voters

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Like the title says... yes or no? :D

For me it's a no. Not because of the price but because of the T-Mobile network and Edge only on AT&T would not be acceptable to me.

***OK, I lied. Decided to try it and EDGE has turned out to be more than acceptable with the use of Wi-Fi.

Last edited:

Ali Fazel

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
No way. When I saw you could also get it subsidized I was thinking about it, but then I saw that family plans are excluded. I'll wait til an equivalent phone is available on Sprint.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
What gbhil said. Although for 180 I might consider it. Just looked at T-Mo maps here for Florida and it looks good. And with Sprint increasing a fee in the next couple of weeks I'll be able to get out of my contracts without the ETF.

Anyone want to buy a Hero?

briankeith513

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
They release one of the hottest phones..but on the smallest of the big 3 carriers. I would consider buying the phone if it were available on Verizon. I am not sure why any ATT customer would want to pay any money for a phone that they can't get 3G on, let alone have to pay $530 on. The smartest move would have been to release this on Verizon or ATT, but Verizon, since ATT already has the number one selling phone in the US.

dlongb13

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
not a fan of the appearance of the phone, not a fan of the trackball, but the hardware is hard to walk away from. But in 6 months we will be having this exact same discussion about a different phone, so no its not worth it in my opinion. Ill gladly wait for Verizon and their next "big thing".

SoCalBIGmike

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I just upgraded to a Samsung Moment from a Palm Pre, and I really like the keyboard & screen of the Moment. I know its not a Droid, but Its pretty darn close and I like Sprint quite a bit. If this was available for Sprint, I would probably swap my Moment out for the Passion, but I'm still leery to this day of HTC. I like the build quality of the Moment a lot.

Just my own two cents!

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
They release one of the hottest phones..but on the smallest of the big 3 carriers. I would consider buying the phone if it were available on Verizon. I am not sure why any ATT customer would want to pay any money for a phone that they can't get 3G on, let alone have to pay $530 on. The smartest move would have been to release this on Verizon or ATT, but Verizon, since ATT already has the number one selling phone in the US.

I think that T-Mobiles wirelewss bands, specifically 3G, are the same or closer to what is used in Europe, which is why we see a lot of random unlocked Nokias in the same boat as the Nexus. ATT edge, or Tmos small 3G. I'm assuming they did it this way so they can sell the same phone overseas, without having to make a different one like Moto does with the Droid cdma and milestone gsm

oldsk00lz

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I played with one and think it is a great phone. Not sure I am ready to give up a physical keyboard, but if I were, this phone would be it. Love the processor and speed. I will probably wait, but it may be too hard.

Personally, I hate how t-mobile now does 2 year commitments versus 1 year contracts. And changing my service plans for buying a phone? That sucks too.

I did hear a rumor that other revisions of the phone would be released in the coming months for the AT&T and Verizon bandwidths. Also heard they may have other prototypes with keyboards in the works.

-oldsk00lz

wondercoolguy

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
If this leak is true watch as Google takes one of the most sought after phones and totally destroy the demand for it. I really want this phone I am an original g1 owner but I'll wait for something else. 530 dollars could buy me a playstation 3 with what like 5 games or an assload of blurays or even a laptop. Google can go screw themselves

seasideclub

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't want to pay $80 every month since I have a corporate rate of $50. One of the sites said you can't keep any existing plans. Doing the math, after 18 months, the $530 is paid for. I'm buying it. I like the speed, screen size, 3.5mm jack and overall size.

ridavid81

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
no, being on T-Mobile this phone has absolutely no chance of competing with the iphone. I'm sure a few thousand people will buy it on T-Mobile and then the hype will die down until something similar is released on Verizon or ATT.

And I'm not bashing T Mobile, but it's just too small in the US to make any phone it carries an iphone competitor.

CrackberryMike

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

Actually the number 1 smartphone would be the Blackberry Curve.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie