Nexus One coming to Verizon this Spring!!!

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Nexus One to Verizon

Verizon is confirmed to be getting the Nexus 1 in Spring 2010. Talk about a kick in the balls to everyone who bought the Droid. How is everyone feeling now?

Jibeker

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Great I just bought the Droid SPECIFICALLY because the N1 was supposed to only go to TMo.

Now I get to fork out a crap-ton more money in the long run for this thing.

Awesome.

Last edited:

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
You buy a Nexus One, and then another phone comes out afterward. Happens in tech dude. I don't see the Nexus One as being all that superior either. The OMAP3 3430 in the Droid holds its own against the Nexus One's Snapdragon.

Just another Android phone.

To be perfectly honest, the better Android does as a whole, the better off all Android users are. I hope they sell the **** out of the Nexus One. Maybe more devs will put out more apps (provided Google fixes the apps on SD card issue, see here http://forum.androidcentral.com/market-applications-games/5014-want-better-apps-heres-thing.html)

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Not that big of a deal. They're different enough in form factor and they just said the Droid will be getting 2.1 that it's hardly a difference. It just depends which form factor you prefer and I like the Droid more.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Engadget prefers the Droid over the Nexus one.. as do I.. i like the physical KB and the directional pad.. i love my Droid.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Great I just bought the Droid SPECIFICALLY because the N1 was supposed to only go to TMo.

Now I get to fork out a crap-ton more money in the long run for this thing.

Awesome.

Chill out buddy, Engadget prefers the Droid anyways, I posted this in the Droid section:
You buy a Nexus One, and then another phone comes out afterward. Happens in tech dude. I don't see the Nexus One as being all that superior either. The OMAP3 3430 in the Droid holds its own against the Nexus One's Snapdragon.

To be perfectly honest, the better Android does as a whole, the better off all Android users are. I hope they sell the **** out of the Nexus One. Maybe more devs will put out more apps (provided Google fixes the apps on SD card issue, see here http://forum.androidcentral.com/market-applications-games/5014-want-better-apps-heres-thing.html)

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
If you always keep waiting for the "next best thing" you'll never be happy. I love my Moto Droid, barring any failures or problems it may develop, I'm happy til my VZW NE2 discount comes due (2 years!!)

Jibeker

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Chill out buddy, Engadget prefers the Droid anyways, I posted this in the Droid section:

I understand that, but some of the basic features of it are what I wanted, just was under the impression it was not available to me.

Are a lot of the features they are showing off Android 2.1 stuff or Nexus One stuff?

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I understand that, but some of the basic features of it are what I wanted, just was under the impression it was not available to me.

Are a lot of the features they are showing off Android 2.1 stuff or Nexus One stuff?

2.1 Stuff.

I just posted this in the Droid section's thread too.

Engadget Review said:
We were longing to get back to the Droid a number of times while using this device

R

Roy Aguilera

Not that big of a deal. They're different enough in form factor and they just said the Droid will be getting 2.1 that it's hardly a difference. It just depends which form factor you prefer and I like the Droid more.

So they said that the update coming this month is 2.1?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

This is exactly why I'm starting to enter into only 1 year contracts. Today the Droid, tomorrow the Nexus Two? Who knows, but I will be ready when it comes out.

New Moto Droid arrives tomorrow!!!!

:D

R

Roy Aguilera

I will pick it up. I have an upgrade waiting. I'll have both (Droid and Nexus)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781