01-08-2010 12:59 AM
54 123
tools
    try to order one, Verizon's an option but says "coming spring 2010"
    01-05-2010 12:46 PM
    01-05-2010 12:49 PM
    Sadly no AT&T for me... Would love to stay on one carrier but guess that's not happening anytime soon.
    01-05-2010 12:51 PM
    Guess there's one big surprise out of this whole thing, wonder if there's going to be more.
    01-05-2010 12:53 PM
    Verizon is confirmed to be getting the Nexus 1 in Spring 2010. Talk about a kick in the balls to everyone who bought the Droid. How is everyone feeling now?
    01-05-2010 12:59 PM
    Guess there's one big surprise out of this whole thing, wonder if there's going to be more.
    Google Earth for Android
    01-05-2010 01:03 PM
    Great I just bought the Droid SPECIFICALLY because the N1 was supposed to only go to TMo.

Now I get to fork out a crap-ton more money in the long run for this thing.

Awesome.
    01-05-2010 01:05 PM
    You buy a Nexus One, and then another phone comes out afterward. Happens in tech dude. I don't see the Nexus One as being all that superior either. The OMAP3 3430 in the Droid holds its own against the Nexus One's Snapdragon.

Just another Android phone.

To be perfectly honest, the better Android does as a whole, the better off all Android users are. I hope they sell the **** out of the Nexus One. Maybe more devs will put out more apps (provided Google fixes the apps on SD card issue, see here http://forum.androidcentral.com/mark...res-thing.html)
    01-05-2010 01:07 PM
    Not that big of a deal. They're different enough in form factor and they just said the Droid will be getting 2.1 that it's hardly a difference. It just depends which form factor you prefer and I like the Droid more.
    01-05-2010 01:08 PM
    Engadget prefers the Droid over the Nexus one.. as do I.. i like the physical KB and the directional pad.. i love my Droid.
    01-05-2010 01:10 PM
    Great I just bought the Droid SPECIFICALLY because the N1 was supposed to only go to TMo.

Now I get to fork out a crap-ton more money in the long run for this thing.

Awesome.
    Chill out buddy, Engadget prefers the Droid anyways, I posted this in the Droid section:
    You buy a Nexus One, and then another phone comes out afterward. Happens in tech dude. I don't see the Nexus One as being all that superior either. The OMAP3 3430 in the Droid holds its own against the Nexus One's Snapdragon.

To be perfectly honest, the better Android does as a whole, the better off all Android users are. I hope they sell the **** out of the Nexus One. Maybe more devs will put out more apps (provided Google fixes the apps on SD card issue, see here http://forum.androidcentral.com/mark...res-thing.html)
    01-05-2010 01:12 PM
    If you always keep waiting for the "next best thing" you'll never be happy. I love my Moto Droid, barring any failures or problems it may develop, I'm happy til my VZW NE2 discount comes due (2 years!!)
    01-05-2010 01:14 PM
    Chill out buddy, Engadget prefers the Droid anyways, I posted this in the Droid section:

I understand that, but some of the basic features of it are what I wanted, just was under the impression it was not available to me.

Are a lot of the features they are showing off Android 2.1 stuff or Nexus One stuff?
    01-05-2010 01:14 PM
    We were longing to get back to the Droid a number of times while using this device
    This is interesting.
    01-05-2010 01:15 PM
    I understand that, but some of the basic features of it are what I wanted, just was under the impression it was not available to me.

Are a lot of the features they are showing off Android 2.1 stuff or Nexus One stuff?
    2.1 Stuff.

I just posted this in the Droid section's thread too.

We were longing to get back to the Droid a number of times while using this device
    01-05-2010 01:17 PM
    I wonder if this puta rumors of an htc phone coming to vzw this month to rest
    01-05-2010 01:27 PM
    Not that big of a deal. They're different enough in form factor and they just said the Droid will be getting 2.1 that it's hardly a difference. It just depends which form factor you prefer and I like the Droid more.

So they said that the update coming this month is 2.1?
    01-05-2010 01:32 PM
    This is exactly why I'm starting to enter into only 1 year contracts. Today the Droid, tomorrow the Nexus Two? Who knows, but I will be ready when it comes out.

New Moto Droid arrives tomorrow!!!!

01-05-2010 01:34 PM
    Yeah - they said "a couple of days", actually!
    01-05-2010 01:35 PM
    I will pick it up. I have an upgrade waiting. I'll have both (Droid and Nexus)
    01-05-2010 01:36 PM
    I'm assuming....but the biggest news to come out of this........

A Visual Guide to Android 2.1 - android 2.1 - Gizmodo

There's still no multitouch. But! The internal storage limit on applications will be going away soon with an upgrade Google mentioned.
    Wait wait wait....WHAAAT!?!?!?!?!?

THIS IS AWESOME!!!
    01-05-2010 01:37 PM
    This also means Sprint gets the phone too - since both are CDMA. You just wouldn't have a deal with sprint, it'd be an unlocked CDMA phone.
    01-05-2010 01:42 PM
    I'm assuming....but the biggest news to come out of this........

A Visual Guide to Android 2.1 - android 2.1 - Gizmodo

Wait wait wait....WHAAAT!?!?!?!?!?

THIS IS AWESOME!!!
    Uh, at the press release I just thought they said something about still not letting apps D/L to the SD Card? Because they're afraid of the apps being pirated or something?
    01-05-2010 01:42 PM
    This also means Sprint gets the phone too - since both are CDMA. You just wouldn't have a deal with sprint, it'd be an unlocked CDMA phone.
    Scratch that.

Q. Will unlocked CDMA handsets be available?

A. Thats complicated. The Nexus One will be available with Verizon service, [but not unlocked]; the Vodafone version will be the regular GSM model.
    01-05-2010 01:44 PM
    I wonder if this puta rumors of an htc phone coming to vzw this month to rest
    No cursing.
    01-05-2010 01:44 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD