New to a Nexus One and the Android OS...How will I know Gingerbread is available?

Arkapigdiesel

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm unsure on how my phone will receive the Gingerbread update, whenever that may be. I recently switched from an iPhone 4 (very glad I did), and am trying to learn about the Android OS and how updates occur.

I'm with AT&T, and when I switched from the iPhone to the N1 all I did was switch SIM cards and I was good to go. Do I need to do anything else to insure I'm on the "list" to get updates? I'm assuming the update comes straight from Google, if so how in the heck do they know I have a N1? Does the update come OTA via a wireless broadband connection, or through AT&T's 3G data service? TIA for answering my elementary questions.

danger-rat

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
The internet will explode...
Seriously, you will know because all the Android sites will be buzzing...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
LOL so true, it will be posted like EVERYWHERE! Then we'll all be checking manually for updates every hour or installing it manually as soon as it is available!

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If you're already rooted, follow cyanogen on twitter. CyanogenMod v7 (based on Gingerbread AOSP) should have nightly builds available in the next few days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol