It's somewhat frustrating. Every other day or so I have to reboot my phone, or sometimes it does it on its' own. What causes this and what can I do to possibly remedy it? Phone is not rooted.
    01-02-2011 05:04 PM
    That's a weird one, especially when you said you weren't rooted. Whenever my phone used to reboot on its own it was because I was using an experimental kernel and I would have a kernel panic that would cause my phone to bootloop until I pulled the battery.

Are you running any programs that might be causing it to crash? A Task Killer, perhaps?

PS - Having an unrooted Nexus One is like having a Ferrari and never taking it on the freeway. Root your phone, install Amon Ra's recovery and put a custom ROM on it. Enom's TheOfficial is rock stable and will add a ton of useful functionality to your phone, and it looks pure stock. Backup all of your apps with Titanium Backup after you root and when you restore them it will be like you never even changed ROMs.
    01-02-2011 06:21 PM
    That's a weird one, especially when you said you weren't rooted. Whenever my phone used to reboot on its own it was because I was using an experimental kernel and I would have a kernel panic that would cause my phone to bootloop until I pulled the battery.

Are you running any programs that might be causing it to crash? A Task Killer, perhaps?

PS - Having an unrooted Nexus One is like having a Ferrari and never taking it on the freeway. Root your phone, install Amon Ra's recovery and put a custom ROM on it. Enom's TheOfficial is rock stable and will add a ton of useful functionality to your phone, and it looks pure stock. Backup all of your apps with Titanium Backup after you root and when you restore them it will be like you never even changed ROMs.
    I intend on rooting it (somewhere down the road), but have no clue how to "root a phone" :o
    01-02-2011 06:27 PM
    I intend on rooting it (somewhere down the road), but have no clue how to "root a phone" :o
    Nexus One - XDA-Developers

If you can't find it here, you must have your eyes closed.

Also, bookmark the XDA Nexus One forum. You'll be spending a lot of time there once you root.
    Arkapigdiesel likes this.
    01-02-2011 07:43 PM
    When having strange reboot issues you can do a user data wipe, basically factory restore to see if it clears up the problem. If it doesn't then there's some issue with the phone and your best best is to exchange it with HTC. I just got my exchanged due to my touch screen locking up.
    01-05-2011 01:45 PM
    It's somewhat frustrating. Every other day or so I have to reboot my phone, or sometimes it does it on its' own. What causes this and what can I do to possibly remedy it? Phone is not rooted.
    (This worked for me, but your mileage may differ...) One thing that you can do is to backup your MicroSD card to your computer. You can use a backup program like SyncBack (free version). First power off your N1 remove the battery cover and the battery. Eject the MicroSD card and put it into a reader or SD or USB adapter. Plug that into your computer and backup the entire MicroSD card to your computer. Verify that it was backed up. If successful, then you can format the MircoSD card as fat32 (do not use the fast format!), and you might also want to check for errors. (This may take some time) so get some coffee. Once the fat32 format is complete (without) errors, you are ready to restore what you backed up from the MicroSD card. Restore the data back to the MicroSD card and put your phone back together and test again.
    01-22-2011 04:07 AM
    Ever since 2.2 came out my n1 will occasionally lock up followed by a reboot while browsing the web while on wifi. Other than that I have never had it happen.
    02-01-2011 07:26 PM
    My N1 restarted on me 4 times in a row until I did a battery pull. Not sure if this was related but I was snowboarding and the temp was in the single digits.
    02-05-2011 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD