Photos taken with Nexus One Handsets (Instructions)

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Please add your photos to this thread so others can see the quality. Try to share indoor, outdoor, and dark surroundings.
And if you have another device such as an iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS, Blackberry 9700, 9630 please compare.

INSTRUCTIONS ON ADDING IMAGES TO POST:

Step #1.
Please visit a image hosting site, such as ImageShack? - Online Media Hosting or Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket. You may need to create an account.

Step #2.
Browse your computer and upload the image.

Step #3.
Copy and paste the FORUM BBCode into your post. You may different options such as Thumbnails. Choose the one you prefer. I like larger images. Below is a photo taken with a BlackBerry Curve 8320

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Like many I'm waiting to see the Nexus One in action before buying. I don't have one yet.

So if you have a Nexus One, take a picture and show us the results here. Lot's of us are eager to see the device in a real world environment.

I used a photo I took with my Blackberry to help show users how to post photos and to use it to compare to photos from different devices like I said in the post.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
030.jpg

Last edited:

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Here's a quick pic from outside. Used the 5M and SuperFine setting. Personally I think the iPhone took a better picture but it's still not bad.
04.jpg

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
rVinny, Thanks!

So i figure there was a bit of clouds out. It's not bad at all. I'm looking at it carefully fullsize and i gotta say, it's better than the Engadget review said (Engadget is full of BS)

How about an indoor shot?

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I think it takes a better picture than the Iphone does. Iphone pics always look fuzzy and you can almost always tell that it was taken with a cell phone.

rVinny, Thanks!

So i figure there was a bit of clouds out. It's not bad at all. I'm looking at it carefully fullsize and i gotta say, it's better than the Engadget review said (Engadget is full of BS)

How about an indoor shot?

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I think it takes a better picture than the Iphone does. Iphone pics always look fuzzy and you can almost always tell that it was taken with a cell phone.

I had the 3GS. It took good pictures but now that I compare them more closely, I am starting to think the Nexus photos are pretty good!

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
A couple more shots.

Inside office cubes with no overhead light
Inside kitchen at night
A dark bathroom and using only the flash

inside.jpg

inside2.jpg

flash.jpg

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
wow. i like it. i'm impressed. the more people post about their phones in real life use the more and more the engadget review pisses me off.

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
wow. i like it. i'm impressed. the more people post about their phones in real life use the more and more the engadget review pisses me off.

I agree. I think people feel they will get more traction by being negative. It's a good phone but Google may have set themselves up by calling it a 'Superphone' - that's stretching things.

Give me the push, speed and messenger of a Blackberry, usability and multitouch of an iPhone, and then what the Nexus already has, and they *might* be able to use that title. :D

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I agree. I think people feel they will get more traction by being negative. It's a good phone but Google may have set themselves up by calling it a 'Superphone' - that's stretching things.

Give me the push, speed and messenger of a Blackberry, usability and multitouch of an iPhone, and then what the Nexus already has, and they *might* be able to use that title. :D

Agreed... its a dang nice phone.. but nowhere near a "superphone".

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Any.. why cant cell manufacurers just include a GOOD camera.. one that the subject DOESNT have to be perfectly still in to get a decent shot. I have a Blackberry bold 9000 and unless its REALLY sunny out, whatever i am taking a pic of has to be totally still or the shot is blurry..

Camera tech has come a long way in the last 2 years and i dont see why it hasnt made its way to a cell phone yet.

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
The pictures I've seen taken with the Bold 2 and Tour aren't that bad these days. (not a replacement for a point and shoot but useable enough to print for the refrigerator)