Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Just got mine about 3 hours ago I will post some pics up later
when I have time along with my first impressions
BTW this post is from the phone

burn6010

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine a few hours ago, just finished canceling with sprint and doing tmobile port so waiting for it to finish. So far, the phone is amazing. Incredibly fast, responsive...I love it. Huge leap forward coming from a Pre.

H_D

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Just got mine a few hours ago, just finished canceling with sprint and doing tmobile port so waiting for it to finish. So far, the phone is amazing. Incredibly fast, responsive...I love it. Huge leap forward coming from a Pre.

How are the Tmobile 3g speeds on the Nexus compared to the Pre?

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I got mine yesterday it really fast compared to my Sprint HTC Hero (which is for sell) and the screen is to be seen to be believed, it's that good. I also have a iPhone 3Gs and the N1 is just as fast as the iPhone. Android 2.1 is a big steep forward from 1.5 that the Hero is running.

H_D

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
So far they seem pretty good...But I haven't used it a whole lot, still waiting for my port to occur so ive just been messing with the settings and installing some apps so far.

Ok thanks. Once you start using it (port completed), pls let me know how you like the speeds compared to Sprint. I've had the Pre & presently the Tour & hopefully TMo has comparable speeds.

Darthbull

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
Just opened mine! It's charging right now. Excited to see the differences between the Sprint Hero and this.

Btw, did anyone get any T-mobile documentation in their boxes? I started a new account for this and I thought at the least they would put in some documentation. I understand it shipped from HTC, but not even a "Welcome" brochure. LOL.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Just opened mine! It's charging right now. Excited to see the differences between the Sprint Hero and this.

Btw, did anyone get any T-mobile documentation in their boxes? I started a new account for this and I thought at the least they would put in some documentation. I understand it shipped from HTC, but not even a "Welcome" brochure. LOL.

I think the lack of documentation is practically standard these days. My Droid didn't have any papers in the box either. I had to search online to find a manual.

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Got mine! It's an impressive device. My path has been BB Tour > iPhone 3GS > Nexus One. I love the keyboard and options of the BB, the multitouch and symplicity of the iPhone and feel like the Nexus is a good blend.

Initial discoveries:
- Slight learning curve with the buttons and menu options. OS look not as clean as the iPhone but very functional. The static buttons keep getting in the way.
- Voice-to-Text and Turn-by-Turn Nav are THE killer apps IMO. Reason enough to buy.
- Android Market is every bit as good as the Apple App store. Many apps are ported.
- Amazon MP3 store. Where have I been? Albums are only $5!!
- Camera every bit as good
- Screen is amazing!! Size and feel are top notch.
- Volume (in call and ringer) is much lower than my BB or iPhone were. I'm going to have to retune my ears
- Call quality over car Bluetooth audio is much clearer on the Nexus than iPhone or BB. Very happy about that.
- happy that the phone has a standard microUSB port.
- push email and notifications are working flawlessly. Background apps are back! yahoo.

I am using it unlocked on AT&T. Edge is fine - I ran the navigation over Edge with no delays. 802.11N onboard for the office and home. What more do you need? (maybe a better Twitter app ;)

NEXUS1

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I received mine on the 6th. No problems. Really enjoy the platform. Loved the box and the mini manuals! Screen is awesome. Using on ATT edge. Im a long time blackberry user. Got rid of 9700 for this phone. Have only got 2 roms to work on nintendo emulator so far. But Im pleased. Does this phone needa a screen protector or does it have a glass screen ?

Ryan32

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Got mine yesterday... I'm coming from Sprint, had an iPhone on ATT originally, then a Palm Pre, and then a Touch Pro 2.

I really think the device is perfect size wise.... The feel in my hand is absolutely amazing in comparison to the brick that is the TP2, and the "fake toy" feel of the Pre. I think it feels a lot better than the iphone ever did as well.

The screen is obviously awesome... The app store seems fantastic (although i can't view paid apps at all, can't even search and see them)... I think that's due to the fact that i don't have a SIM in it yet (waiting for T-mobile to send it).

Overall I love the device... I'm hoping someone develops an app that lets you change the multi-color ball to notify different colors for text/e-mail/voicemail etc....

The only "quirks" about it that I have had so far.... Exchange support (had to buy TouchDown for this).

The other quirk is that the static buttons are sometimes not as responsive... I tap the back button real quickly, and it doesn't pick it up, i have to hit it just right to take me back.

Other than that, i honestly believe this is the device that I could settle on for 1 year +.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I ported over from an IPHone to T Mobile and the Nexus One. So far I am very pleased. We do not have 3g available in our area for ATT or TMobile so I use WiFi most places that I use the web on it.

I am very please with the device and my husband who has a droid is very jealous. I used a Screen protector from my Iphone and just trimmed it to fit and it works great. ATT Sells AntiGlare screen protectors for the Iphone and I love them and can't find them for other devices so I have bought them and I just do the best I can to trim them to fit.

I don't really have anything negative at the moment to say. Typing on the keyboard is very nice and almost as easy as the Iphone.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried Seesmic on the Nexus One? It's a pretty good Twitter app!

Got mine! It's an impressive device. My path has been BB Tour > iPhone 3GS > Nexus One. I love the keyboard and options of the BB, the multitouch and symplicity of the iPhone and feel like the Nexus is a good blend.

Initial discoveries:
- Slight learning curve with the buttons and menu options. OS look not as clean as the iPhone but very functional. The static buttons keep getting in the way.
- Voice-to-Text and Turn-by-Turn Nav are THE killer apps IMO. Reason enough to buy.
- Android Market is every bit as good as the Apple App store. Many apps are ported.
- Amazon MP3 store. Where have I been? Albums are only $5!!
- Camera every bit as good
- Screen is amazing!! Size and feel are top notch.
- Volume (in call and ringer) is much lower than my BB or iPhone were. I'm going to have to retune my ears
- Call quality over car Bluetooth audio is much clearer on the Nexus than iPhone or BB. Very happy about that.
- happy that the phone has a standard microUSB port.
- push email and notifications are working flawlessly. Background apps are back! yahoo.

I am using it unlocked on AT&T. Edge is fine - I ran the navigation over Edge with no delays. 802.11N onboard for the office and home. What more do you need? (maybe a better Twitter app ;)

inrelief

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Got mine yesterday, migrated over from the Palm Pre.

All I can say is, WOW. Really, wow.

The user experience is several orders of magnitude greater than the Pre, be it through speed, accessibility and features.

I love me my Nexus.

QUIXIS

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
N1 speed in lower NYC. nothing to add as this phone is damn sexy and it's all been said before.

Mobile speed test 528 kbit/sec 0.245s latency 15.728s d/l time. again.
Mobile speed test results today, fastest, your IP, about ip is 208.54.87.7 DNS: tmodns.net Android 2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERD79 ke Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17 ? 2010 bbr

Just to note. Posted with my N1. :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692