Giz Review

KU Kitch

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Anybody read the Giz review of the N1? Absolutely horrible, they're just finding and making up negatives... I just get irritated with this bull****

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
As an N1 user I thought that review was pretty on point about everything except having to use the trackball for moving the cursor. Like on other Android phones, you can simply moving the cursor in a text field by tapping where you want it to be. Yes, the trackball is easier in doing this but it is completely possible to do it without the trackball.

addictedtoblackberry

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
yah the review is very biased.

I laughed when the reviewer said that the live wallpapers are useless because I could make that same exact argument with most of of the iphone's apps and glossy/flashy UI.

I personally like the live wallpapers. It is not static and is live, but that thing along isn't enough to make me drop my blackberry, which natively syncs with outlook right out of the box :)

dlongb13

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
The worst part of that is the responses, its ridiculous. This is my favorite,
" I too have wondered why Google is making their own phone.

The best reason I can come up with is that they are NOT making any money on their partner phones.

I have had a smartphone for 1 year and have prob made 3 Google searches.... this is bad news for Google. People just don't Google on their smartphone.... not nearly as much as the desktop anyhow.

When you consider that Apple has had 3 billion app downloads.... that's 3 billion searches that didn't take place on Google equating to hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue.

So the best way forward for Google in the interim is to sell their own phone like Apple to reap the big margins, until they can work ut how to generate search revenue's on smartphones."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci