What do you want for your Nexus One?

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Here is the singlemost thing I want from the Nexus One: BETTER BATTERY LIFE!!!!

(mine is so bad, I've contacted HTC and they are sending me a replacement... I'm not holding my breath on it being tremendously better, but there's always hope - as some users are reporting quite outstanding battery life... )

Deathwish238

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet...

We currently have only 217mb available to use on our Nexus One because the current kernel does not support more. I want the full 512mb of RAM available for usage. I get down to only 20mb free at times! I know this will be addressed soon, but I'm hoping very soon...maybe next patch?

Also, might as well add Multitouch support in Google apps. Apparently there is no patent, but it will still need lawyers for Apple's attempted patent.

Here is the singlemost thing I want from the Nexus One: BETTER BATTERY LIFE!!!!

(mine is so bad, I've contacted HTC and they are sending me a replacement... I'm not holding my breath on it being tremendously better, but there's always hope - as some users are reporting quite outstanding battery life... )

A full charge lasts me a day, but I keep a lot of apps open at all time. The battery life is pretty good for a smartphone, but our battery technology still needs to improve.

stix1972

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes I agree with the more battery life.

And also I have not had that much problem with the 3G/edge, but I do not have much 3g in my area anyway.

And it does have some trouble with some WiFi on some routers. At home it works fine on Netgear, but Linksys at work has troubles at times.

The Multi touch for maps would be nice. But I use the Dolphin browser that uses the multi touch and it works fine. But it would be nice for maps, pics and other stuff on the N1.

I also use Slidescreen as my home and it helps out on the battery life and also use Power Manger for better battery life. Still the battery does go faster than other phones I have used.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for more battery life. I've tried every trick on every forum and the fixes only seem to be temporary. Eventually my Nexus starts draining quickly again and I would like it to stop.:)

Please Google...more battery :)

pf4

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Option to choose the google account for gtalk!

I have two accounts on my nexus: the google apps and a standard google account. Since I've installed the google apps one first I cannot use gtalk with my standard account.

Yahma

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I too want better battery life... but I can say that with just about every smartphone I've owned (Blackberry, iPhone and now the Nexus One).

Until there is a breakthrough in battery technology, us smartphone users will probably have to charge at least daily.

Darthbull

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
I'll chime in with better battery life too. Can't say that I've had any problems with my Blackberry battery life. iPhone...yeah. But my 9700 could go at least 2 days without recharging and moderate usage. So far, the N1 with moderate usage, I get less than a day. :-( Hoping it gets better with time.

Taggs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Here's my list of little niggles. These are what I'd consider feasible for the next OS interation:-

Email
why can't I create events from emails?
How do I create labels from my phone?
Reply buttons at the bottom of the email - why not the screen (saving me scrolling through emails with massive threads/footers)?
Can I change the text size, please?
Calendar
I'd like to choose default view in Calendar
Great that my calendar colours are synced - nice touch!
Any plans for Task integration?
Contacts
Search only seems to look in name field (eg. not company)
Groups would help
Can I change the text size, please? Editing contacts with such massive text is very cluttered, with half the screen filled with keyboard too

Overall usability
While all text is very legible, control over text sizes on some screens would prevent clutter in some cases.
Need quicker/easier access to sound settings - eg. like profiles on Blackberries
Need quicker/easier access to time settings - why not long tap on status bar clock to get quick access to timezone/alarm/stopwatch features?
Maybe both above could be included as buttons at the bottom of the Notifications screen.
Power bar is great but needs phone power too (ie. toggle ALL network connectivity)
I LOVE the mini-screens on the homescreen when you long tap next to the menu button
Trackball as camera button - genius, although not obvious.