nexus one on ebay

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
forgive me but, why in the world would anyone buy a nexus on ebay for 6-700 dollars when google sells them unlocked for 530? I thought this was hilarious when I saw this.

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
People outside of the country or just very uneducated individuals.

True, there is always that one crazy person who thinks that ebay is the only store on the internet. If you don't believe how ignorant some people are about the internet you should check out the collegehumor articles on 'Parents just don't understand'. It doesn't matter if your not in college, those articles will really make you realize how badly some consumers do not understand technology.

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Thats crazy.. It's like when the wii first came out it was in such high demand and they were selling it on ebay for $600 and more.. now you can walk into any target, best buy and pick one up for $200. I guess people are thinking the N1 will be high in demand..

Koxx

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Remember : N1 is available for very few country.
Ebay is a good way to buy a N1 in france for example, but I agree 700$ is very expensive...

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Scott Adams (creator of Dilbert) wrote an article about this sort of thing, regarding how to write a business plan. He said (paraphrasing here) that 80% of the people just don't need your product. At the same time, about 10% are crazy, and the other 10% will buy any damn thing. So if you target that specific 20% - you'll have great success. That would appear to apply in this case.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
because maybe they can't get a Nexus shipped to their country?

and for them, with their currency exchange, it's probably still cheaper than buying it in their own country when priced in their currency... like folks in the UK for example... i bet at 600 bux, a Nexus would still be cheaper than buying locally from a UK shop... all that VAT among other things...

beaker#AC

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Google will only sell and ship the Nexus One to the USA, UK, Singapore and Hong Kong.

So, what do people from Canada, Mexico, France, Belgium, Holland, Australia, New Zealand, S. Africa, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, etc, etc, etc. do???? Well, they either know someone in the USA that will buy and ship them the phone, or they go to eBay.

Simple as that.

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Google will only sell and ship the Nexus One to the USA, UK, Singapore and Hong Kong.

So, what do people from Canada, Mexico, France, Belgium, Holland, Australia, New Zealand, S. Africa, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, etc, etc, etc. do???? Well, they either know someone in the USA that will buy and ship them the phone, or they go to eBay.

Simple as that.

Good point.

Not trying to offend anyone, but there are a lot of ignorant people who think the US is the only country out there.

beaker#AC

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Good point.

Not trying to offend anyone, but there are a lot of ignorant people who think the US is the only country out there.

It's funny because the original poster's current avatar is one of Homer Simpson. d'OH!

homer_simpson_doh_02.gif

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol