3G problem if N1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveBlythe

Dec 14, 2009
www.fhtmus.com
I have no issues. I occasionally switch to EDGE but only in spotty 3G spots. Some have said that they are always switching back and forth. To answer your question, there's really not a fix for it if you're having the issue until a software update comes along. The work around is to force 3G only. *#*#4636#*#* , phone settings, wcdma only. This works if you have a good blanket of 3G in your area.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
3G issues - appear to be baseband related....

Check out these articles...

Pattern emerges for Nexus One 3G problems, points to baseband firmware | Wireless News - Betanews

Eight days later, Google acknowledges 3G problems on Nexus One | Wireless News - Betanews

Seems like 32.19.00.16U_4.02.02.41 is the culprit... oddly, 32.19.00.16U_4.02.02.14 (which is what mine is - thought the .41/.14 was a typo at first!) and 21.19.00.16U_4.02.02.14 are not affected... Which explains why I have personally not seen this "3G switching issue" that some report...

Now... the question is, WHY 3 seperate basebands on identical devices that all are sold through one source (ie. Google.com) and seemingly one a single version available (ie. intended to run on T-Mo, but also sold unlocked...) are those turning out to be two separate "versions"? What's with the 3rd baseband? Overseas model?)

Mine is:

Baseband: 32.19.00.16U_4.02.02.14
Subsidized: No - bought unlocked
Shipped to: U.S.
Network: T-Mobile US
3G Issue?: NO

let's get a tally going....

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I have no issues. I occasionally switch to EDGE but only in spotty 3G spots. Some have said that they are always switching back and forth. To answer your question, there's really not a fix for it if you're having the issue until a software update comes along. The work around is to force 3G only. *#*#4636#*#* , phone settings, wcdma only. This works if you have a good blanket of 3G in your area.

Same here. No problems with 3G at all. It does switch between EDGE and 3G but not every second, back and forth. I would say it goes from 3G to EDGE, and vice versa, about five times a day for me.

Then again the same thing happens on any other phone, it switches back and forth all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC