Google announces Gingerbread roll-out beginning

GeoKaplan

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Google just tweeted that it would be sending out OTAs of 2.3.3 to Nexus One and Nexus S phones, stating "it may take a few weeks to complete".

The whining about how disappointing Gingerbread is after waiting for it to arrive begins...now.

Reactions: ajays81

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Ummm. Wanna bet? No gingerbread for n1 anytime soon. The update for the n1 is NOT 2.3.3 this much I can guarantee.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
LOL dude, learn to read. The 2.3 variant of gingerbread is the nfc capable version and is exclusive to the nexus s. When the N1 gets gingerbread it will be the 2.4 variant.

Last edited:

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Are you being serious?

As a heart attack sir. I work for Google and I assure you gingerbread would hit our n1's before the retail versions, and I've heard no mention of the release in the last few weeks. When it does get it 2.4 will be the version.

GeoKaplan

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
LOL dude, learn to read. The 2.3 variant of gingerbread is the nfc capable version and is exclusive to the nexus s. When the N1 gets gingerbread it will be the 2.4 variant. Noons please stop trying to up your post count by posting BS.

Then share your wisdom with the Googler who is in charge of tweeting the info to the public:

"Gingerbread (Android 2.3.3) update now rolling out to Nexus S and Nexus One. Be patient, may take a few weeks for the OTA to complete."

This went out on the googlenexus thread at 8:30 pm ET and was retweeted by the GoogleMobile thread at 8:37 pm ET. Clearly, somebody at Google thinks this is accurate information.

fifteen

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
As a heart attack sir. I work for Google and I assure you gingerbread would hit our n1's before the retail versions, and I've heard no mention of the release in the last few weeks. When it does get it 2.4 will be the version.

I'm afraid you're lying, as there is no Google office in South Carolina... Can we stop fighting and just be happy that we're getting a software update?

Edit: yes there is! I must have been looking at an outdated list. However, my point stands that we should be celebrating an update instead of being rude.

Last edited:

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm afraid you're lying, as there is no Google office in South Carolina... Can we stop fighting and just be happy that we're getting a software update?

Google it. Google Moncks Corner, SC.

Tweets are handled by low level interns. Hell companies are always backpedaling from inaccurate tweets.

Last edited:

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Then share your wisdom with the Googler who is in charge of tweeting the info to the public:

"Gingerbread (Android 2.3.3) update now rolling out to Nexus S and Nexus One. Be patient, may take a few weeks for the OTA to complete."

This went out on the googlenexus thread at 8:30 pm ET and was retweeted by the GoogleMobile thread at 8:37 pm ET. Clearly, somebody at Google thinks this is accurate information.

I sent an email out at 9:13pm ET concerning the tweet. Thanks!

fifteen

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Google it. Google Moncks Corner, SC. Idiot.

Tweets are handled by low level interns. Hell companies are always backpeddling from inacurate tweets.

Aah, thank you for correcting me! I don't appreciate being called an idiot, however, I will edit my original post.

Still, don't you think you're being a little disrespectful? I think people would take your input more seriously if you weren't so aggressive.

With all due respect,

Fifteen

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Aah, thank you for correcting me! I don't appreciate being called an idiot, however, I will edit my original post.

Still, don't you think you're being a little disrespectful? I think people would take your input more seriously if you weren't so aggressive.

With all due respect,

Fifteen

Calling someone a liar when you obviously are just talking without any actual knowledge is why you were called that. I don't take kindly to being called a liar as no one should.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
@carolinaguy99: Can you share a bit more? I posted some additional questions a few posts back.

Thanks,

avid

2.2.3 is still froyo, yes. And an actual realease for gingerbread on the n1, I haven't heard a peep on the internal side in a while. I've been waiting for it myself to do some personal testing between the N1 and NS both on GB to make a plea as to if the NS is a worthy enough replacement for the n1 based on cost.

fifteen

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Calling someone a liar when you obviously are just talking without any actual knowledge is why you were called that. I don't take kindly to being called a liar as no one should.

This is a fifth post so that I can PM you with an apology. And let's hope that we do get a Gingerbread update, either today or sometime very soon!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2