Gingerbread = amazing battery life!!!

fasst27

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Presently I'm at 18% battery life and phone has been working for 2 days, 11 hours, 24 minutes! I have never EVER seen such a feat! On average I have seen a few hours over 1 day, max! AMAZING! :D

DSC04914.JPG

DSC04913.JPG

Last edited:

Lefty2004

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Although I have an Inspire now as my daily driver I still have my trusty N1 that's been running CM7. Just went through the steps to reset to stock and did a manual GRI40 update. All went smooth as silk. I'll report back in a day or two with my impressions.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
At the end of the day my N1 running 2.2.x was normally around 60%. Last night it was at 75%. Plus it's running quicker and smoother.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you set your WiFi policy to never sleep? You might be able to stretch even more if you let the WiFi radio sleep :)

If you are near wifi most of the time, never sleep is what you want.

If you let wifi sleep, it will force all network connections thru cellular 3g, which takes way more power than wifi. (6 mile vs 40 feet, which takes more?)

Don't let wifi sleep for better run times. This is well established fact.

ibabox

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I get great batt life till its gets to 15% and the phone dies all together, never had this problem in 2.2 it only showed up after the OTA update a week ago. anyone else having a similar issue ?

gspdavis

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I installedgingerbread a couple of days ago and am having horrible battery life ever since. I have tried everything. I have to charge it at least 3 or 4 times a day. Anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be nice I'll even try things again if I think it will help.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I installedgingerbread a couple of days ago and am having horrible battery life ever since. I have tried everything. I have to charge it at least 3 or 4 times a day. Anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be nice I'll even try things again if I think it will help.

Did you do a full reboot since after the one immediately after installing?

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
You may need to recal your battery. Run your device till it shuts itself down, plug it in to an AC charger (USB charger will not work). Charge the device till fully charged and then power on your device. This should reset the battery cal and provide better battery life.

There is an app in the market that will reset the battery cal, but it requires root since it deletes the battery stats file and forces the device to create a new one.

Adamlam

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
in the last cyanogenmod7 RC1 i have great battery life don't know if it's related with gingerbread.

The reason is the kernel that CM7 team use.

BillKx

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for being a newbie, where can I get this gingerbread patch which will improve my battery life?

It has been a struggle to keep the N1 powered up. I love the phone, but it really needs to be competitive with other phones for battery life. :'(

Brynnae

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I think battery life depends upon how you are using smart-phones. Because in many cases people are using applications, but they don't close the same. So battery is running short and after all they complain that battery life is reducing on smart-phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34