Seidio Case

inrelief

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
rvinny -- I've been waiting to hear feedback on this. Thanks!

Guess I'll sack up and buy the case and the screen guard -- seeyah later sleeping back pouch thing!

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I knew that was coming ;)
All I have with me to take pictures is the iPhone. After shooting them, it made me realize how poor that iPhone camera is compared to the Nexus. Sorry - 10% coupon on the last pic

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
one thing to note - the bottom of the case comes off but is not cut deep enough to fit in the official Google cradle. You can't have both.

inrelief

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
rvinny, thanks for the quick turnaround!
It looks better than I thought it would.

edit: shame we can't thank on this board!

Last edited:

inrelief

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I just picked mine up as well.
It's excellently built -- really sturdy as a rock!

This review has been updated to reflect the replacement case Seidio sent me (look later in thread)

The replacement product is flawless -- none of the wiggle or looseness I noticed on the earlier case.

As it stands, I cannot recommend this case enough -- from form factor to texture and durability, this case has it all

I haven't tested it with the google dock so I cannot confirm it's play there, however Seidio does sell their down dock which I'd expect would work.

Overall: 9.5/10

Pros: nice form factor, protection and feel
Cons: Earlier posts say it doesn't work with google dock

Last edited:

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
you guys should all be writing switcheasy.com and pleading with them to start making cases for the N1. they absolutely hands down make the best cases for the iphone/ipodtouch. most stylish, well made, protective cases out. their two piece designs combine a softer case around the entire phone and a hard plastic shell that protects the corners and more depending on which model.

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I'll take a look, my favorite cases ever are the candyshell ones by Speck.

@inrelief - mine is snug. Might just be a result of "Made In China" ;)

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
it's not as tight as an Incase for the iPhone but it definitely won't be coming off on it's own. I like the extra touch of felt on the inside.

Another idea is if you skin it (like from bestskinsever.com) then it will snug up and you have the extra option/protection of using it in a dock w/o going back and forth.

inrelief

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
rvinny -- I agree it's snug around the body of the phone. My issue lies with the connection between the two pieces. I think that's where the weakness lies.

Part of me wants to conduct a stress test, but then again --- mayyyybe not ;)

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
inrelief said:
rvinny -- I agree it's snug around the body of the phone. My issue lies with the connection between the two pieces. I think that's where the weakness lies.

Part of me wants to conduct a stress test, but then again --- mayyyybe not ;)

Hello,

Thank you for your support! The case should not separate under normal use and stay intact unless you apply force to remove two pieces. If it is too loose, please PM us your order number and we will be more than happy to look into it for you! :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

inrelief

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow!
Chalk one up for Seidio really stepping up to the customer service plate.

Edit: seidioseidio, can you confirm receipt of my order info?

Last edited:

inrelief

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey all -- in case anybody's following this thread still I'd like to report that Seidio has demonstrated a commitment to customer support that I've yet to see in other companies.

I'm damn well impressed that they reached out to me on a third-party message board to make it right.

Suffice to say, they've found themselves a loyal customer through sending me a new Innocase, and pre-paid return postage to return my loose one.

I'll post my thoughts and update my rating above when it arrives!