Nexus One Official Update

decyphersmc

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Checking In doesn't force the update, but might push it along, or at least have some placebo effect to calm us all down.

Glad to hear Gingerbread is finally rolling out, hopefully without causing random Reboots like on the Nexus S.

Sleepingeye

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i have at&t i don't know if i should wait for the samsung galaxy s or just get the N1 the samsung looks stunning but i get the feeling the N1 is the better built phone when it is all said and done. Well anyway i have a question for any n1 users out there i wanted to know if the N1 has the tv out option like the incredible or evo if not does anyone know if that is a feature update in the works or rooted option perhaps? Or the n1 simply cannot perform that task.

As good as the N1 is, the major problem I've encountered are:
- Low application memory. I have about ~100 apps installed, a lot of them small. Only about 10-15 games - the rest are smallish apps. If you don't plan to use a lot of apps, this isn't a concern.

- Touchscreen. It's only dual touch, and even then a bit wonky. Pinch zoom works, but some other gestures / touches don't. If you're not touch-screen gaming (in particular any game requiring you to hold / two different points) this probably won't affect you too much.

- TV Out: Not an option as far as I know.

VCL

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I own the N1 and the MyTouch 4G, I think the MT4G is probably the best device out there that uses a single core processor, saying that I still grab and use My N1 every day. I just love the way it feels in my hand and after sending my phone back to HTC two times for the screen issue they installed a new mother board and all other parts and my phone no longer has that irritating touch screen issue. I think the N1 is a great device and will always keep it, I will always buy the newest and greatest but will always have the N1.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
kmobs just tweeted: android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/passion/81304b2de707.signed-passion-GRI40-from-FRG83G.81304b2d.zip

Checking now.

NEO_FOLLOWER2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Received OTA 2.3.3 Build GRI40 this afternoon on my ATT NI. Not sure what all the fuss was about!

well to me the biggest things i've noticed
(coming from stock 2.2)
everything runs smoother
battery life should be better since everything is dark now

they added a manage applications button when you press the capacity menu key
(although i wish launcherpro would allow me to have that.)(anyone know if launcherpro can let me have that gingerbread feature?)

gingerbread KB is MUCH better than froyo KB

im sure if you've been using cm6 or cm7 nightly...it didnt even make a difference

johnjohntc

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Nexus One 2.3.3 update came today (Over The Air). 14 minutes of uptime on 2.3.3.

Purchase date: 2011-02-16
Contract: Purchased without contract
3G Carrier Hardware: T-Mobile

Last edited:

Dreamwyrm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Got update this evening but the update damage the recovery rom and bricked my phone. Very unhappy with how it all turned out since I was just finally settling into using the phone and learning about the backups. Of course I didn't get the chance to do one before the update in my noobishness. Scratching my head on what I can do now.

ScotterMonkey

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
My phone is rooted (but I did not install any custom ROM so it was running 2.2.x <-- whatever the very latest OTA update was).
The 2.3 OTA came to my phone last night!
Yay Gingerbread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair