I want this on Sprint!

jmart603

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'd be really annoyed if this doesn't come to sprint because they can't put their sprint programs on it. sprint needs to suck it up and get this by spring. i'd probably grab a N1 over the supersonic

PHLAK

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently on VZW, patiently awaiting the VZW release to switch from my Storm2 (great phone, btw) to a Nexus One. However, if the N1 comes out on Sprint, I'm dropping VZW like a bad habbit, even if I have to pay the ETF. The savings of switching to Sprint are astronomical!

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm currently on VZW, patiently awaiting the VZW release to switch from my Storm2 (great phone, btw) to a Nexus One. However, if the N1 comes out on Sprint, I'm dropping VZW like a bad habbit, even if I have to pay the ETF. The savings of switching to Sprint are astronomical!

Something tells me you will not see the Nexus One on Sprint. Just a hunch.

Chaos5

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

Wouldn't bet the farm on it, the N1 coming to Sprint before VZW that is, due to the fact that on the N1 site it has coming to VZW soon. :p

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure HTC will make another Android phone for Sprint soon but yeah, probably won't be the N1.

Don't forget, you'll save money by switching to Sprint but you'll have worse indoors coverage, slower data speeds and a more unpleasant customer support experience should you have any problems. I spent hours on the phone with them over tech support issues and nobody seemed to know a damn thing.

ienjoysoup08

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
i would wait for the supersonic. why would you not want a 4g phone? I don't think they would bring over the nexus 1 because it would compete with the supersonic. and sprints coverage is amazing here in michigan and I read at pcworld they have the fastest 3g network and soon the only 4g network.

PHLAK

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Something tells me you will not see the Nexus One on Sprint. Just a hunch.

That will disappoint me, but I'll still get it on VZW. Will be cheaper up front (but not in the long run) that way.

Wouldn't bet the farm on it, the N1 coming to Sprint before VZW that is, due to the fact that on the N1 site it has coming to VZW soon. :p

I wasn't expecting it to come to Sprint first, maybe at the same time or at least get an announcement when the VZW one is launched.

... and a more unpleasant customer support experience should you have any problems. I spent hours on the phone with them over tech support issues and nobody seemed to know a damn thing.

Have you ever dealt with the VZW tech support?

Last edited:

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Yup I have. Plenty of times actually. Verizon always bends over backwards to help me. Sprint not so much. When I have tech issues Verizon seems to have more knowledgable reps on the phone.

I had a crappy LG phone 4 months from my new upgrade. It died. They moved my upgrade forward 4 months.

I had an activation fee nobody mentioned, I called, they refunded it.

I had an issue with my LG EnV, they took it back 9 months late and gave me full credit ($330) towards a new phone without contract extension.

The only thing Sprint ever did was give me an AirRave since their phones did not work in my house. Every other issue they basically would tell me I'm SOL.

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
So why wouldn't a Nexus One work on the Sprint Network? Just pop in their SIM cards right? and fix some data here and there?

I would get an HTC if there was one with a physical Keyboard on it on Sprint. I love the senseUI but the HTCTP2 is WAAAY out of my budget, I think I should have gotten the HTC TP2 when it was on US Cellular for $150, other than getting it for $350 bucks on Sprint >_>

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
That will disappoint me, but I'll still get it on VZW. Will be cheaper up front (but not in the long run) that way.

I wasn't expecting it to come to Sprint first, maybe at the same time or at least get an announcement when the VZW one is launched.

Have you ever dealt with the VZW tech support?

oo, ooo, I have. They screwed up my first bill when I added data to my plan. What should have been $15 ended up being 380+ in data. They said it should be taken off in 10 days when I went to a store, they said, "watch this, I'll get it off now."... after 5 minutes, he said "you're going to have to wait the 10 days" with a look of defeat on his face. They did eventually fix it, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. And now that their smartphone data plan is $44, they are out of their F'n mind if they think I'll go back. I'm happy with Sprint now that I ditched the POS Palm Pre.

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
So why wouldn't a Nexus One work on the Sprint Network? Just pop in their SIM cards right? and fix some data here and there?

I would get an HTC if there was one with a physical Keyboard on it on Sprint. I love the senseUI but the HTCTP2 is WAAAY out of my budget, I think I should have gotten the HTC TP2 when it was on US Cellular for $150, other than getting it for $350 bucks on Sprint >_>

No SIM cards for Sprint or Verizon, thats why. Verizon won't activate a Sprint phone, nor will Sprint activate a Verizon phone, even if they use the same technology (CDMA) neither will company will use the others phones.

z0phi3l

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
No SIM cards for Sprint or Verizon, thats why. Verizon won't activate a Sprint phone, nor will Sprint activate a Verizon phone, even if they use the same technology (CDMA) neither will company will use the others phones.

Didn't Verizon change that policy to, "Any phone, no matter the manufacturer" last year? Something to do with the release of their World Phones if I recall

moises1204

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure HTC will make another Android phone for Sprint soon but yeah, probably won't be the N1.

Don't forget, you'll save money by switching to Sprint but you'll have worse indoors coverage, slower data speeds and a more unpleasant customer support experience should you have any problems. I spent hours on the phone with them over tech support issues and nobody seemed to know a damn thing.

I do not agree with you, how long its been since last call sprint customer service? also sprint 3g is faster than verizon, i don't think you know what you talking about.