new testing video

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
watching this video makes me wonder after all of this rigorous testing why in the hell could something as simple as the four soft buttons at the bottom not actually work properly. i just dont get how companies can release a product with such an obvious fault. i hope they address this, as i am really looking forward to purchasing for verizon.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
watching this video makes me wonder after all of this rigorous testing why in the hell could something as simple as the four soft buttons at the bottom not actually work properly. i just dont get how companies can release a product with such an obvious fault. i hope they address this, as i am really looking forward to purchasing for verizon.

I honestly don't have issues with the soft buttons. I know some people complain about them but no complaints here. It's just where you press it similar to the Moto Droid. Not to mention that video tests the hardware and not software in which case the soft buttons would be on the software side.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
i have played with several different n1's, and every one definately had problem. you cannot actually touch the icons, i had to touch the top, almost above, the actual icons. it just seems that when you release your flagship device you would want everything to be functioning as close to perfect as possible. you want as little negative feedback as possible. not to mention there is no way to tell if this is hardware or software related. in fact it makes me think hardware since it hasnt been addressed yet.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
i have played with several different n1's, and every one definately had problem. you cannot actually touch the icons, i had to touch the top, almost above, the actual icons. it just seems that when you release your flagship device you would want everything to be functioning as close to perfect as possible. you want as little negative feedback as possible. not to mention there is no way to tell if this is hardware or software related. in fact it makes me think hardware since it hasnt been addressed yet.

Or possibly it's the way it was intended to be. Like I said, I have no issue with it. Guess it's just depends on what you are used to. I press below where the screen starts each time with success. Again if it can be adjusted it would be software.

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Or possibly it's the way it was intended to be. Like I said, I have no issue with it. Guess it's just depends on what you are used to. I press below where the screen starts each time with success. Again if it can be adjusted it would be software.

I can't see how or why it was intended. I don't know how many times when I go to hit the spacebar, I end up hitting the home button and popping out of what I was typing. Wouldn't happen if the sensitivity was on top of or slightly under the button.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I can't see how or why it was intended. I don't know how many times when I go to hit the spacebar, I end up hitting the home button and popping out of what I was typing. Wouldn't happen if the sensitivity was on top of or slightly under the button.

Don't know what to you guys, I don't have any problems. :eek:

ILoveBlythe

Dec 14, 2009
www.fhtmus.com
Buttons work well here also. Just need to remember that you need to press a differant location than you think. No issue for me as we're talking a 2 mm. People are making it out to be like you have to press a whole cm from where the actual button is. I've heard its the same on the Droid so maybe they designed the software that way.

Last edited:

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Buttons work well here also. Just need to remember that you need to press a differant location than you think. No issue for me as we're talking a 2 mm. People are making it out to be like you have to press a whole cm from where the actual button is. I've heard its the same on the Droid so maybe they designed the software that way.

buttons work well here also just remember to press a different location than you think...... UMMMM. that, in my book would define the case of not working well. having to make a concession to press something above, below, left, or right means it was not designed, built or coded properly. i as many people have gotten use to pressing a button, well, on the button. for decades this has held true. it doesnt matter wether it is a hard or soft button. to tell someone they should touch the upper third, 2mm higher, a tick higher, etc is idiotic and not correct.

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Buttons work fine for me too. My issue is that since you have to press slightly higher than you would expect, I accidentally hit it sometimes when hitting the spacebar and it kicks me back to home when I'm trying to write an email or text. It's annoying and perhaps only an issue if you have larger fingers than others.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
buttons work well here also just remember to press a different location than you think...... UMMMM. that, in my book would define the case of not working well. having to make a concession to press something above, below, left, or right means it was not designed, built or coded properly. i as many people have gotten use to pressing a button, well, on the button. for decades this has held true. it doesnt matter wether it is a hard or soft button. to tell someone they should touch the upper third, 2mm higher, a tick higher, etc is idiotic and not correct.

You do realize the amount of people actually complaining about this is so minuscule right? That alone would lead me to believe there is no issue with the device. Now maybe some do have issues and mine along with countless others here don't have the problem. If there is no problem I guess you will just have to deal with it or get a different device. Not much else you can do about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol