only 1 calendar?

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I have my exchange calendar synced with my work google account / calendar on my N1. I went to add my personal google account calendar to my N1 and I can add the account but I do not have the option to sync calendars. I assume you can only have 1 synced.

I tried to manually add a second calendar and the OK box is grayed out onthe Add calendars function.

Can I only have 1 calendar on my N1 or am I doing something wrong?

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Gladly...

Make a second google calendar account on your computer and set the security settings to allow user 1 to update user 2 calendar and vice versa. You can do this for as many user calendars you want for infinite multiple calendars. Select the color for each user to something different do you can tell the appointments apart. Once you do this your N1 will automatically update with the additional accounts.

When you make a calendar entry on the N1 it will allow you to pick what account you want to create it on and will mark it with the appropriate color.
It is not 2 true separate calendars, but with the color differentiation it seems to work OK. I also verified things added to my personal calendar (user 2) do not sync to my work outlook calendar account (user 1) which was my big concern.

Hope this helps

And sorry for the snarky response earlier? My N1 has been a rollercoaster ride for me. Getting mad and ready to return it when things don?t work when figuring it out and being content once again. Coming from a blackberry and my phone being very business focused this is a totally different experience.

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Hah, yeah Android from BB requires an adjustment period. Once you're settled in and start to really enjoy the flexibility inherent tot he platform, you fall in love with it.

My wife still carries a BB for work (and loves it). They're fine devices, but IMHO inferior to the N1 or Droid in so many ways.

Finally - thanks for sharing. I'm sure other folks will have similar concerns, so it's always nice to be able to find a quick fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC