eris to nexus

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
If this is in the wrong place, forgive me. I am wanting to get a nexus for verizon when it is available. I currently have the eris and like the phone but don't love it. Could someone tell me what I will be giving up when I leave sense ui. I see that most of the widgets are in the market, aside from beautiful widgets which I never used.
The only widget I really use alot is the people widget. I don't use the mail or messenger, because I use the pure messenger. I don't use the weather because I prefer weatherbug.
Anyone got some advice or knowledge for me?
Thanks in advance.

hawonjung

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
to me it's nothing. Same time i got my N1 one of my close friend got Eris. I played with it, nothing that i miss from Sense UI.

It can be different since you used it for a long time.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
If you use the people app in sense to check status for your contacts you're going to miss it. Nothing in the market can reproduce it, and that's what keep me going back to 1.5 on my Hero.

That big contact grid with mail, sms, status updates, cal alerts and FB sync just spoiled me, and I find it much more functional that anything I'm missing by using cupcake.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
To some, the sense UI is just easier to navigate, and looks a little "prettier".

Honestly, the updated OS you will be on will take a minute to get used to, but as you stated there are widgets and ways to get it to a comforting feel.

If you plan to switch to T-Mobile, it seems smart, if you are switching to T-Mobile for the NexusOne, I would say thats silly, considering the rumors of Verizon grabbing it in a few months, if even that long.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I am not huge into facebook. I don't rely on the people widget for facebook updates.
I appreciate the advice and help. I truly think I will either get the nexus or wait and see what 2.1 brings to the droid. I can get a droid alot cheaper than a nexus.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
If you are looking to get a DROID, personally I would offload your Eris now for like 250 and then find a DROID for like 350. I found mine with a dock, case and screen protectors for $330 and it was used for 2 days.

The deals are there, just gotta find them

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I skipped the Eris, the form factor was too small for my liking tbh.

The NexusOne is cool, but from what I have seen in the reviews about the T-Mobile edition, the issues with it would drive me bonkers.

I love my DROID. I came from a Storm2 to this and have yet to look back, or miss anything that it did.

I love the DROID display, keyboard, and functionality.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I am still going to wait and see what 2.1 brings to the droid. The HTC incredible may be out soon as well. I am hurting for a phone right now but am always looking to upgrade. I really do want a larger screen and faster processor though. My eris days are numbered.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Yeah I would have to say im very unimpressed by what 2.1 will bring to the DROID but there are so many other ROM's that offer great features that it will definitely be worth it.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking along the lines of 2.1 bringing 5 screens, upgraded maps, goggles, and better battery performance. I also thought one advantage of the nexus was that it would get updated quicker than the droid in the future, because it is googles flagship.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Well, most of the ROM's will offer you the 5 screens, the upgraded google maps, you can download Goggles in the MarketPlace I believe. While yeah, you would think the Nexus would get the updates, Verizon would probably slow that down.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Also, when the nexus does finally get to verizon, the droids on ebay are going to be cheaper. lots of peolpe are going to sell their droids for the nexus. Like you said, good deals will be found.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol