Preventing dust under your screen

sd_bber

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I've seen some reports of dust getting under the screen of people's nexus one's so I saw in another forum someone posted how to prevent that and I don't think I have seen anything about how to prevent it on here. So I tried it and it worked so here it is.
First, try pressing on the corners of your screen and if you hear clicking, chances are your screen is not fully glued on.
So just take hair dryer or someone else used a lamp and just run it across the loose corners of your screen for maybe 20 seconds. Then, just press your screen down gently for a few seconds and you should be good. I tried it and the clicking on all four of my corners stopped.

It kinda seems sketchy, so do this at your own risk.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I would be very careful doing this if anyone is going to try this. I've never heard of this method and would not recommend it.

Luckily my device does not suffer from dust under the screen but sadly I know it does effect some. And that goes for any make or model.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Yike. I would stay far away from this like Jeremy said. For those suffering from this, try contacting the MFG, generally they will replace it under the warranty of the device for you. I would not recommend taking anything apart, as that leaves MORE of a chance to add to the dust problem you are trying to solve.

sd_bber

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I put in the original post it is dangerous, but worked perfect for me. Just do it at your own risk and very carefully.

evilp8ntballer7#AC

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
its not dangerous, come on guys as long as you are gentle but press evenly and firmly then its fine. It seem to have clicked a little on mine after I did that and I do have a tiny but of dust under the screen.

sd_bber

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes thank you paintballer. Your screen will not fly off and shatter if you try this. Just don't be too careless. And one of the corners of my screen did also click a little after the first time but I just did it again and it was fine.

Have fun.

edit: we all did see the stress tests the n1 went through so a little heat and pressure cant do much right?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech