Bluetooth Keyboard Support!!!! Works flawlessly

ap3604

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to let you guys know about this since I had been searching and searching for a way to use a bluetooth keyboard with my Nexus One.

The BlueInput keyboard driver works flawlessly for me. I use it with the Palm wireless folding bluetooth keyboard 3245ww (look this up on ebay for $43 - one of the most affordable bt keyboards around since most cost upwards of $90).

I would highly recommend both of these options for people like me who want to be able to type reports and class notes on their N1. Yeah, its $13 to get the full version but this is a small price to pay in order to not have to lug around my laptop at school.

(I tried KeyPro on the android market with a Freedom Keyboard and didnt have any success where I would type regular speed but it would skip alot of keys I pressed.)

GGreenberg

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the Droid Incredible, and a Palm folding BlueTooth keyboard that I've used for years, from my PalmOS devices (most recently, a Centro).

One of the reasons I gave up on my 2-3 month trial with the WebOS Palm Pre is that I couldn't use it to take notes in meetings, as I had previously. Seems the Bluetooth in WebOS wasn't able to link to keyboards.

Now I have tried a few Bluetooth Android apps, and though they all recognize my seeking-links function with my Palm keyboard's blinking, it hasn't yet setup a satisfactory data-exchange.

BlueInput for Android does discover the device: Bluetooth Keyboard, with a lengthy ?serial number (00:19:15:69:21:C2
then I get:
"Error: Failed to open a connection to Bluetooth Keyboard"

Any suggestions?

I ordered the Jorno keyboard... but it's not out yet. I'm hoping that it will fill the gap.

Thanks,
- Gary

nielcoit

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear that the Nexus works great with a bluetooth keyboard. :)

Does anyone know if The HTC Desire will get support for ext. Bluetooth keyboard lige Apple Bluetooth keyboard when Gingerbread is out?

Been trying to get this cool keyboard to work on my non-rooted HTC Desire on 2.2 without any luck so far.

Thanks
John Nielsen
Nielco IT

androidkos

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Having issues connecting to Palm wireless keyboard 3245WW. The device connects fine using Android's Bluetooth Settings. But fails to connect using BlueInput. It detects the device but fails to connect. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Androikos

Gr3yGhOsT

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have not tried this yet, but I think you have to input a 4 digit code on both your phone as well as type in the same code on your Palm keyboard. (saw this in another forum...)

So for example enter '1234' on your phone, and then you would type '1234' on the keyboard after, and then they should pair up.

meda

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Blueinput's new release now has keyboard layout support

header.jpg

Terrazoe

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I just tried your recommendation - to enter a passcode (i.e. 1234) on the phone, and then do the same on the keyboard. It worked to a degree - I got a "paired but not connected" response. What needs to be done to make the keyboard connect to the phone now that it has paired successfully? Any ideas?

playswithguns

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I just tried your recommendation - to enter a passcode (i.e. 1234) on the phone, and then do the same on the keyboard. It worked to a degree - I got a "paired but not connected" response. What needs to be done to make the keyboard connect to the phone now that it has paired successfully? Any ideas?

I just tried this, I entered a 1111 code on my photon4G and then 1111 and clicked enter on my palm3245ww and it paired! It says "connected to HID"

Thanks for all the help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc