Nexus One 1.4 years later...

emceephi

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I sold my N1 several months ago and upgraded to a Mytouch 4g which is almost better in every way...except for the trackball/led. I loved the trackball light on the N1. It was big and bright and flashed every color so I knew exactly what to expect, either a missed call or a text or new email. The mytouch has a very tiny led that I can barely see and it only flashes green. It sucks. :(

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I've debated about selling my N1. I'm the type that like to hold on to my old electronic devices. I still have my old Palm T|C. The battery is shot, but it's still in good shape besides that.

BillKx

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had my N1 for a year now and I still love it.
the 1 GHz Hummingbird processor is awesome, but the 16GB of internal memory is a bit limiting for today' standards. I especially like to watching videos - they are fast and very fluid! Much better than some of the phones I have been checking out recently.
The phone is still quite competitive and usable - glad I bought it!
Cheers.:)

Shark_On_Land

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
the 1 GHz Hummingbird processor is awesome, but the 16GB of internal memory is a bit limiting for today' standards. I especially like to watching videos - they are fast and very fluid! Much better than some of the phones I have been checking out recently.

Ummm. I believe you are confused with the nexus s and nexus one

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I think you mixed up the two Nexus phones.No big deal. I'd kill for 16gb of on-board memory though. The Nexus One have enough to rival even the largest of floppy disks, but nowhere near 16 gigs.

jspidey

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I still love mine. Honestly, if it weren't for the lack of storage space I wouldn't even consider getting a new phone just yet. I've not gone the A2SD route yet (though I should probably look into that - any good resource?). The phone handles every app that I've thrown at it. The only one that kind of gave me issues was Plants vs. Zombies between levels. Heck, it even runs Gtalk video without any issues although one "sighted" conversations are kinda strange, but it's nice to chat with my wife/kids while I'm at work on lunch.

dflores

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I just switched over the the Galaxy Nexus from the Nexus One. The N1 was the best phone I'd ever owned. The Galaxy is so thin and light, I'm likely to keep on using the N1 as a music player while I'm working out. I can confidently rest weights on it without the fear of crushing or cracking the device, which is more than I can say about the Galaxy.

sumyunguy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I both have NexusOnes. Mine is rooted and running CM7, hers is stock.

Her phone just had the dreaded power button failure last week. But, we called HTC, they RMA'd it. I shipped it to them, and for $55 they fixed in 24 hours and had it shipped back overnight! Very pleasantly happy with HTC's service! (Factory reset was done FYI)

HTC Repair & Warranty are open 7 days a week 8am - 8pm EST. The number to call for the Nexus One is 1-888-617-1113.

I love CyanogenMod and recommend it for any of you feeling your N1 is long in the tooth. It is like taking your car in for a tuneup, and the repair guys decided to give you a brand new engine instead...and for FREE! _(Although if you are running CM7 you really should donate to the cause!)_ I get 50% better battery life and far better performance!

Keeping the wife's phone stock just to prevent any frustrations on her part. She is happy, and that makes me happy. :D

There is no doubt I would love to drop $700 on the Galaxy Nexus, but I am hoping that by the end of January CM9 will be out for the N1, and I will get ANOTHER new engine for my little phone that could! _(Although I will probably only be able to install 2 apps other than Gapps, cuz ICS is gonna be huge!)_ :confused:

employedslacker#AC

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I loved my N1. I bought it around April of 2010 and it has been a solid phone for me. I didn't like the lack of storage. I managed to get a lot on the SD card, but some apps I had to delete because they would not move to the SD, and I hated that constant "Low Memory" icon. I also got tired of the touch screen, it always had a glitch, as with most N1's, but over time I dealt with it. But I decided the other day to pack it away in the closet and buy a One S. I love the HTC phones, and I think that is why the N1 has been the best Nexus phone (hardware). It has a sold build to it. I loved it. If it had originally been given a few more GB of memory then I probably would use that phone for the next 2 + years. If HTC decides to build another Nexus phone, then I would buy it in a heart beat. I'm just not too keen on the Samsung Nexus phones...

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Nexus One 2.4 years later? I got sick of the lack of internal memory so I unlocked the bootloader, replaced the recovery, and then flashed cm7. Even though cm7 allows you to move pretty much everything over to the sd card, I still only have about 30mb of free internal storage and I'll probably end up partitioning my sd card at some point. The 3.7'' screen seems too small these days and I'm getting really envious of my friends with their 4.5'' SGS2 sceens. The N1 screen doesn't even seem bigger than the iPhone screen; holding it up to my friend's iPhone, I don't see much of a difference in terms of size. Just a month ago I thought it was pretty fast but then I saw an SGS2 do the exact same actions in half the time. I suppose its definitely time to upgrade.

The Galaxy Nexus is now only $400 from the Google Play Store and I was thinking about getting one but there's already a rumor about the next nexus device (its going to be Samsung again). I'm guessing it'll be out or at least announced within the next 7 months since the N1 was announced in January, the NS in December, and the GNex in October. I was really hoping the next nexus would be made by someone other than Samsung but I'm not waiting any longer than the end of this year to get a new phone. The GNex is about to be eclipsed by the SGS3 with its quad core CPU just 6 months after being announced. Here's hoping the next nexus stay relevant for at least a year like the N1. This N1 can probably last until a "3.4 years later" thread comes out but hopefully it won't have to.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Lack of storage and AT&T's subpar network is what made me move away from my Nexus One to the Verizon Bionic. It's still a solid device though and has came in handy as a back up (with T-Mobile pay by the day sim) and when traveling outside the continental US. It's still my favorite phone to this day and I miss using Cyanogenmod on a daily basis.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Nexus One 2.4 years later? I got sick of the lack of internal memory so I unlocked the bootloader, replaced the recovery, and then flashed cm7. Even though cm7 allows you to move pretty much everything over to the sd card, I still only have about 30mb of free internal storage and I'll probably end up partitioning my sd card at some point. The 3.7'' screen seems too small these days and I'm getting really envious of my friends with their 4.5'' SGS2 sceens. The N1 screen doesn't even seem bigger than the iPhone screen; holding it up to my friend's iPhone, I don't see much of a difference in terms of size. Just a month ago I thought it was pretty fast but then I saw an SGS2 do the exact same actions in half the time. I suppose its definitely time to upgrade.

The Galaxy Nexus is now only $400 from the Google Play Store and I was thinking about getting one but there's already a rumor about the next nexus device (its going to be Samsung again). I'm guessing it'll be out or at least announced within the next 7 months since the N1 was announced in January, the NS in December, and the GNex in October. I was really hoping the next nexus would be made by someone other than Samsung but I'm not waiting any longer than the end of this year to get a new phone. The GNex is about to be eclipsed by the SGS3 with its quad core CPU just 6 months after being announced. Here's hoping the next nexus stay relevant for at least a year like the N1. This N1 can probably last until a "3.4 years later" thread comes out but hopefully it won't have to.

From Google play its only $349 now

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a Nexus One for fun since I never had one (I was on Sprint two years ago and got the Evo.) I've been using the GSM Galaxy Nexus as my daily driver for the past few months as well.

I'm finding myself wanting to use the N1 over the GNex. It might be just a phase, but with an sd-ext partition and apps2sd script paired with CM9...it's actually giving my GNex a run for its money. Is it as fast or smooth? No...but its not that laggy either. I have always preferred HTC's build quality and I'm really hoping for an HTC unibody Nexus this fall/winter.

For those who still have their N1's, I HIGHLY suggest heading over to xda and taking a crack at rooting, flashing blackrose hboot and an ICS ROM with an a2sd script. You'll fall in love all over again :)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Its nuts that I'm using A nexus one running JB 4.2.1 and I have to admit its damn good for a almost 3 year old phone. There are issues of course but not as bad as I thought.

Sent from my Nexus One using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams