they said that they cant approve me for a nexus which is bs. i saved up my money for 2 months to sign on with t-mobile to get no where in the end.

i want to buy one without a contract but i dont want to spend no more then 400 maxed out. really 300.

i like the hd2 but i had bad experince windows mobile phone and do not want it. i'm so bummed out.
    03-09-2010 03:00 PM
    did you really think if you gave google a private offer of $300 they would give you a nexus one? the have a set price that is none negotiable.
    03-09-2010 04:29 PM
    So let me get this straight. You offered google 300 for a brand new nexus one and they said no.

I'm afraid you need to save up for a couple more months. Then by the time you get 530 saved up , there will be a newer better phone that will cost more. Gotta love technology.
    03-09-2010 06:30 PM
    no i didn't private message google and offered 300 dollars. i'm no stupid. i was planning on buying it with t-mobile for 180. i said i have 300 dollars total right now and that is the max i would like to buy one for and if you guys know where i can get one for for that price.
    03-09-2010 06:55 PM
    Google are the only ones selling the phone. Unless you can find someone on ebay selling a Nexus one, you are stuck paying 530 without a contract.
    03-09-2010 07:05 PM
    they are on ebay right now for $669. which is so funny. why on earth would any body want to pay $140 more than what you can buy it direct for? also why would google not approve you, i dont get it. what is there to approve?
    03-09-2010 07:39 PM
    they are on ebay right now for $669. which is so funny. why on earth would any body want to pay $140 more than what you can buy it direct for? also why would google not approve you, i dont get it. what is there to approve?
    I think this is what he was trying to do. He first tried to order through google via the website. He chose the 2 year contract option. For whatever reason ( read bad credit) google declined him. He is now posting here hoping someone would sell one to him for $300.

Try the market place with the title "WTB nexus one for $300." See if you get any bites.

God speed finding one for $300
    03-09-2010 08:06 PM
    that is funny, i didnt realize you could apply for tmobile service on googles website.
    03-09-2010 11:14 PM
    yeah you can and that's what i did since i'm leaving sprint. i guess the only other way to get one is to find someone that isn't happy with the phone and wants to hop out of the contract with out paying the termination fee for google and t-mobile by selling there phone.

i will put it up in the marketplace.
    03-10-2010 06:50 AM
    I don't know exactly what the OP is trying to say here, but if you want to buy one I will sell you mine for $475...
    03-10-2010 07:58 AM
    can you email me. my username at gmail dot com.
    03-10-2010 01:12 PM
    If you wait 2-3 months when the N1 or desire come out on AT&T, some of the folks who couldn't wait and like the latest and greatest, who are on AT&T but bought the N1 already will be selling them, and/or the price of the original N1 may drop by then. Just a thought if you're tight on money.
    ADS
    03-10-2010 02:57 PM
    The reason you see prices so high on eBay is for people who may be in a country where it is not sold... so they are willing to pay a premium for the device.
    03-10-2010 07:26 PM
    The reason you see prices so high on eBay is for people who may be in a country where it is not sold... so they are willing to pay a premium for the device.
    Well that and some people are just plain stupid and don't know enough to to to the manufacturer's website to find out how much something is worth ...
    03-11-2010 12:53 AM
    Well that and some people are just plain stupid and don't know enough to to to the manufacturer's website to find out how much something is worth ...
    Very true, there are some of those people out there.
    03-11-2010 10:09 AM
    T-Mobile has put a strict agreement when getting the N1. You need to have an Even More 500 TTW plan. If you aren't approved for a contract, then T-Mobile and Google have the right to deny you the phone and service. Ultimately, it comes down to credit. That's the only thing holding you back. It has nothing to do with T-Mobile or Google. You could always call the credit bureau to find out what is on your credit and what your score is. They could maybe enlighten you with reasoning for such an outcome. Other than this, you would have to pay $530 like everyone else has mentioned. Sorry to hear about this issue.
    03-11-2010 05:03 PM
    i called t-mobile and they said that i am approved for there service. for there even more and even more plus service so it is just google.
    03-11-2010 08:32 PM
    i called t-mobile and they said that i am approved for there service. for there even more and even more plus service so it is just google.
    But the question is if you were approved for a normal post paid account or flex pay.
    03-12-2010 02:27 AM
    I am approced for both. I asked them that to be sure cause I wanted to make sure of that. So it is just google.
    03-12-2010 06:45 AM
    I am approced for both. I asked them that to be sure cause I wanted to make sure of that. So it is just google.
    I don't know why Google would say no. The only stipulation on T-Mobile's half is if a customer is FlexPay (which ties into monthly only possibility). Did you try getting a hold of Google?
    03-12-2010 10:27 PM
    Have you tried calling google to clear things up

1-888-486-3987
    03-13-2010 11:37 AM
    this is getting me so mad. t-mobile approves me for both accounts. i can't call Google because they said i have to enter my order number to talk to someone and i don't have one. how am i suppose to talk to someone when i don't have the phone because they don't want to approve it.

if this wasn't the greatest phone ever i would of gave up already. gosh this is frustrating.
    03-13-2010 04:52 PM
    You can in-fact get a N1 with bad credit.
    There are a lot of people who have been burned by their credit cards. So to be able to have an N1 and get service, you need to do the following:

1) Buy the N1 full price.
    Its is a lot up front but you'll save in the long run.
    For example: T-mobile plans are cheaper and there is no required contract if you don't buy the discounted phone. With the discounted phone (actually subsidized) you'll pay more for the phone ($659) via the 2-yr contract and higher plan rate. All carriers have this subsidized offering known as buying a discounted phone with a 2-yr contract. Thats $129 higher over the 2-yr contract and more if you don't change your plan after 2-yrs.

2) Go to a bank and buy (1) gift card for use with Google Checkout.
    with the following logos:

- Visa
    - MasterCard
    - American Express
    - Discover

If you're shopping with a U.K. seller through Google Checkout, you can use:

- Visa
    - Visa Electron
    - MasterCard
    - Solo

NOTE: Some banks can't load a single gift card with more than $500 as this may be their limit. Go to a bank which can load up to $1000. Be sure to get your card loaded with the cost of the phone +tax, + $1 for the merchant to test the card. The $1 will be refunded.

3) Register your name and address with the gift card company/bank backing the gift card. This ensures that a security check/verification can be done as it is done by most major merchants.

4) Find a phone store near you. When you receive the phone, immediately take it to the store and ask for the smallest talk plan w/o text (if you will be using Google Voice), and the web service. Be sure to tell them that you don't want to do a credit check. This will cost you about $35 and possibly you'll pay in advance rather than after your first month's usage.

Every phone company knows that you rely on your phone and will pay the monthly bill in order to keep your service.

You can get a discount for AAA, or if you employer participates with the carrier. Usually the discount is not much but it can get you the phone protection insurance for about $2.95/month. And with it, you may get the phone activation fee waived.

Take the phone home and fully charge it before using off the charger.
    Enjoy your new Nexus One!
    03-15-2010 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD