future VZW N1 owners will incredible change your decision?

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
trying to get pros and cons from people who have been researching and participating in the N1 forums. want to see what people think about the incredible and if you might go for incredible over N1.

ap3604

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely not switching from T-Mobile to Verizon since I get the data only plan for $40 per month with T-Mo... Verizons smartphone plans = $70/mo mandatory

Sounds pretty lame if you ask me... I guess if your ok with paying the extra money but I live in SoCal and have great T-Mo 3g coverage so no use for me in paying "the man" extra money...

luniboy26

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
While the N1 looks good I think I'm just gonna wait until the Incredible comes out. My reason being that Google and Verizon probably wont let you get it on a family plan unless you pay full price and while the N1 "may" get updates faster 2.1 and sense doesn't sound like it will get boring anytime soon...I guess ill do a little more research and figure the cons of both and make my final choice.

bbui4

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely not switching from T-Mobile to Verizon since I get the data only plan for $40 per month with T-Mo... Verizons smartphone plans = $70/mo mandatory

Sounds pretty lame if you ask me... I guess if your ok with paying the extra money but I live in SoCal and have great T-Mo 3g coverage so no use for me in paying "the man" extra money...

I live in SoCal too and still prefer Verizon over T-Mobile. Its nice to know that I can get 3G service in westwood and won't have to deal with inconsistent coverage (even in socal). I also recall SoCal T-Mobile customers losing service last summer for 4-6 hrs due to cell tower problems.

But I do agree Verizon plans are pricey. A way to get around that is to sign up for family share plans that come with friends and family. You get unlimited texting and data is $30. My company offers higher discounts for verizon's voice and data plans. (26% voice, and 20% data).

Last edited:

agarrett527

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping the Incredible comes out by the end of April when it's time for my NE2 plan. I'm liking the specs on it a tad bit better combined with the opportunity to see in store, use my credit and a gift card whereas the N1 comes straight from Google and I most likely won't be able to use either.

Either one I think will fill my needs and make me happy. It's more along the lines of the stuff I mentioned that will help make my choice.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

I believe the OP was asking existing Verizon customers but I do agree that Verizon is high but worth it IMO. I can stream slacker from Boston to West Palm Beach without losing 3G once. Plus with my corporate discounts it's around 55 a month so
that's not bad.

Now to the original question. It does make my decision more difficult. I like the N1 and being Google's flagship I believe will get the latest OS first. But the specs on the incredible look great and I'll have to see them both before I can make up my mind.

One thing I don't get is that I'm reading that the incredible is replacing the Eris which makes me think it may be a lesser phone as the Eris is a slight downgrade from the Droid.

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
I believe the OP was asking existing Verizon customers but I do agree that Verizon is high but worth it IMO. I can stream slacker from Boston to West Palm Beach without losing 3G once. Plus with my corporate discounts it's around 55 a month so
that's not bad.

Now to the original question. It does make my decision more difficult. I like the N1 and being Google's flagship I believe will get the latest OS first. But the specs on the incredible look great and I'll have to see them both before I can make up my mind.

One thing I don't get is that I'm reading that the incredible is replacing the Eris which makes me think it may be a lesser phone as the Eris is a slight downgrade from the Droid.
Thats what I was wondering about too... But the specs on the incredible are better than the nexus..???

H_D

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Due to the fact that I WONT be able to see the N1 in-store, I might just go with the Incredible. The reason their replacing the Eris model is the Incredible should currently be HTC's best Android model available & at the time the Eris had released, IT WAS the best HTC offered.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Thats what I was wondering about too... But the specs on the incredible are better than the nexus..???

Not from what I've read.
Quoted from Examiner.com (sorry only have 2 posts, so can't post links):

"From what is shown, it appears that the Incredible checks in with a half GB of RAM, 320MB of which is available which, as Engadget points out is about the same as the Nexus One, an 8 megapixel camera and a Snapdragon processor running at 768Mhrz."

Can someone answer why they'd underclock the Snapdragon down from 1ghz to 768mhz??

Last edited:

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
trying to get pros and cons from people who have been researching and participating in the N1 forums. want to see what people think about the incredible and if you might go for incredible over N1.

Well as for me, I would possibly go with the Incredible, except for the processor on it being slower than the Nexus. My wife is going with the Nexus for sure as she thinks the Incredible is "too manly looking". :)

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
:confused:

Good grief.
Ok after surfing a bit more, I found this on androidandme.com:

Rumored specs of the HTC Incredible include:

1 GHz Snapdragon processor QSD8650
3.7 inch AMOLED screen WVGA resolution
6 GB ROM, 1 GB RAM
8 MP camera with dual LED flash and AF
Android 2.1 with Sense UI
Optical track pad
1300 mAh battery
Shipping with 8GB MicroSDHC card
FM Tuner
Dimensions: 117.5 mm (L) x 58.5 mm (w) x 11.9 mm (T)

If these are the real specs, I'd say the only negative with the Incredible for me is Sense UI.

eth555

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I was all about the N1, until I was hearing about the Incredible! It will be the Incredible's favor if Google does not allow family plan activations, also much nicer to see it in action in the store! It is very good to have choices!

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
can't you switch off sense and just run stock android? If this is the case, I will wait for the incredible. 2.1 on eris will hold me until then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech