Voice and Data

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I can't use voice and data at the same time on my Nexus One on AT&T over 3G even while on wifi. Loved being able to do that with my iPhone. It's like being on Verizon and it sucks. Is that a problem with Android? Or just the Nexus One? I thought it might possibly be because there's no plan for the Nexus One (just using my iPhone's plan) so maybe for some reason AT&T won't give me voice and data at the same time? Would have to hear from any T-Mobile customers and see if they get simultaneous voice and data to confirm this.

anon(13322)

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
You need to call AT&T and see if you can get the $15 MediaNet plan. It'll save you money on your cellphone bill. Voice and data works for my sister's N1. Well, wifi/data...she doesn't have the AT&T version, just the regular unlock version with an AT&T sim card.

hawonjung

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
You should call and ask to both AT&T and HTC. When I was using AT&T, I did not have any problem using both voice and data at same time. Hopefully its not faulty phone.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
AT&T said it was because they don't officially support the phone and they're working on it. Idk does anyone else on AT&T with the AT&T 3G Nexus One have this issue?

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
hmmm. if they said they are working on it...will they send an update to those running the phone on att's 3G network? i wonder how that is going to work out..i Just purchased my N1 so i will see if i have the same issues

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i hope thats not an issue. that was one of the things i always loved about att, the ability to have data and voice at the same time!

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I've had my n1 since Wed of last week and I'm on the phone and data over 3g all the time. Never said anything to art bout it. Just running it on my iPhone plan.

noaim

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
I will have to test this out on mine I believe I have received emails while talking on the phone so I think it works

jscholz22

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
No problems here either. I did call and get the $15 unlimited data plan. I would highly recommend before they catch on.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
You need to call AT&T and see if you can get the $15 MediaNet plan. It'll save you money on your cellphone bill. Voice and data works for my sister's N1. Well, wifi/data...she doesn't have the AT&T version, just the regular unlock version with an AT&T sim card.

If he has the family messaging unl, he can get it for $10 extra (unl data).

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure why in the original posters case voice/data are not working simultaneously, but it is not a problem on at&t Mobility's end.

The UMTS (3G) standard calls for simultaneous voice/data transmissions. It does not matter if at&t Mobility never heard of the phone, does not officially support the phone or one day tried balancing the phone on its side ;), as long as the phone conforms to the UMTS standard (and it does), it should be able to utilize voice/data simultaneously.

As for saying the device is at&t Mobility branded, that is incorrect, the device SUPPORTS at&t Mobility's UMTS(3G) frequencies but it is not branded by at&t Mobility in any way.

Dan

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Just tried it again hoping it maybe fixed itself. It didn't. :( Was talking to my bro and tried going to Google and it said page couldn't be found. Then I turn on wifi and it worked again. Idk what to do about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta