No Verizon nexus one google? I'm becoming apathetic, and you want none of this.

mtb1981

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, release the N1 on Verizon tomorrow, or I'm going to start to not care at all. I've been waiting for three months for this thing with my broke-a$$ nokia, hoping that the March 23rd date is true. Today is the 23rd, and I hear all about everyone else's super-awesome phones, but not the nexus one on Verizon. If I don't see the release by the end of the week, I'm giving up and getting an alternative (Eris or iPhone), which is not what I want, but I'm tired of waiting for an unconfirmed release. Google, this is to you; apathy on the part of your customers is a bad thing, fix it soon or we'll start looking elsewhere.

Sorry for the rant, but it's been repressed for months.

ads

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha.
You might want to go outside and get some sun, spring has sprung.
Or get a girlfriend, a life!
Most of us on these forums are gadget freaks, but you need to think about it. In 6 months, this device is the good old days. Some carriers will have it, others won't. Not complex.
ADS

browns1

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Haha, I think I have to agree with ads. It's not even one day past the rumored release date and you're freaking out about it. If you can't wait, then go for something like the Droid or the Eris, hell switch over to T-Mobile and get it if you're that desperate. Just take a chill pill and wait it out. I'm on pins and needles here waiting on the Nexus One too, so I know what you're feeling. Just give Verizon, Google, and HTC some time. They shall give us what we want soon enough.

pkmachinegun

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Mtb, I sympethize with you. I know alot of people on here are kind of upset that highschool kids get all the nice phones and stuff without having a 'need' for them, but I've worked hard to try to be content with my blackberry curve 8330. I'm Tired of bb lag and crappy pictures, so my next phone will be running android. March 25th is my birthday and my mom and dad are getting me my one last upgrade to whatever phone I want from verizon before I leave for marine corps boot camp. Every day that Google sandbags with the vzw n1, is one less day that I can't enjoy their phone before I leave. I was really shooting for the 23rd, but as with most things, that would be too good to be true. I'm for real ready to put my bb thru a window, and I'm not sure if I want to settle for the moto droid (or even the devour), or wait it out for the n1. Limited amounts of time makes things suck. Pick up the freakin pace google!

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Haha, I think I have to agree with ads. It's not even one day past the rumored release date and you're freaking out about it. If you can't wait, then go for something like the Droid or the Eris, hell switch over to T-Mobile and get it if you're that desperate. Just take a chill pill and wait it out. I'm on pins and needles here waiting on the Nexus One too, so I know what you're feeling. Just give Verizon, Google, and HTC some time. They shall give us what we want soon enough.

exactamundo...

there are options... Eris, Moto Droid, or jump ship to T-Mo or even AT&T as they have it too now... https://www.google.com/phone/choose?hl=en&gl=US&s7e=

pkmachinegun

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Lol yeah my sergeant major is always talkin about how the corps gets the oldest gear. Lol. Idk. I just wanna get it in time to be able to enjoy it before I ship, don't get me wrong, ill have time to use it when I get outta boot, but I'd like to have it before while its still close to the best 'droid phone out there....semper fidelis...

usmcdroid0311

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya, I'm not gonna lie. I'd be the same way, but your gonna be without that phone for close to 6 months. Wouldn't even bring it to boot. You shove your civis into a paper bag and put it in metal boxes for the 3 months of fun. I went with the cloths on my body, ID, and 20 bucks. Last thing you wanna do is break your pretty new toy or have a sticky fingered Marine acquire it. :)

Good luck bud, don't forget what I said in that PM.

~Sempi Fi

pkmachinegun

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I'll send you back a pm asap. But I definately agree, I would never bring it to boot. I'm dyin to get my hands on one though. The only reason I want an N1 is because all of googles software beta comes out on the N1 first and that sexy behind 1GHz snapdragon processor.

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I feel you on the inpatient thing, the phone is definitely going to come out there's no questions about it (i mean they wouldn't advertise in the google page that its coming to verizon in Spring 2010 if it wasn't going to come out)...VZW is holding back the release for some reason tho...i don't get it!, Sprint might even get there version first before Verizon will...Hilarious Verizon!

pkmachinegun

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Omg I don't think I'd be able to see straight if sprint got their nexus before we did....I'd be pissed, and only for the reason that they said they were going to release it on vzw before they said they were gonna release it on the now network.

Idk though, I think a logical reason big red might be holding back is because they wanna milk every last penny they can out of the droid eris and the regular droid. I think the droid eris is a load of crap and they should have taken it off the market as soon as they put it on, and I think that the droid is a little too underpowered compared to the n1 and incredible and such. I also don't like the lack of Sense UI but, the n1 don't have it either, so I'm not complaining.

On a lighter note, today's my 18 bday. Imma try to enjoy it. =]

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Omg I don't think I'd be able to see straight if sprint got their nexus before we did....I'd be pissed, and only for the reason that they said they were going to release it on vzw before they said they were gonna release it on the now network.

Idk though, I think a logical reason big red might be holding back is because they wanna milk every last penny they can out of the droid eris and the regular droid. I think the droid eris is a load of crap and they should have taken it off the market as soon as they put it on, and I think that the droid is a little too underpowered compared to the n1 and incredible and such. I also don't like the lack of Sense UI but, the n1 don't have it either, so I'm not complaining.

Well, happy b-day, forget about this phone only for today, and go *boing* some broads!

ferniesp

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site

Happy Birthday and I second the chasing of woman today.

The Eris is not a piece of crap. It does just about everything pretty darn good.

The Motorola Droid is not underpowered....why do you say that? I can bet you my last dollor that when you get your Nexus and compare it to a Droid bothing running 2.1, you will hardly notice the difference.

Xyxyll

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I feel you on the inpatient thing, the phone is definitely going to come out there's no questions about it (i mean they wouldn't advertise in the google page that its coming to verizon in Spring 2010 if it wasn't going to come out)...VZW is holding back the release for some reason tho...i don't get it!, Sprint might even get there version first before Verizon will...Hilarious Verizon!

Not the first time that's happened. The second another carrier has better coverage than Verizon, I'm jumping ship... cause this boat's been on fire for years.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
good to see you on android central, salomondrin. I remember you from the crackberry days. I hope you bring the same greatness to here.

pkmachinegun

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Okay gentlemen I'm now posting from my 550MHz CPU powered Moto Droid. Went to vzw n was just like f it. I'm lovin it. Kinda mad that I can't remember my Facebook pw though. And yes, the ladies were involved lol.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
good to see you on android central, salomondrin. I remember you from the crackberry days. I hope you bring the same greatness to here.

Thanks bud! I'm glad to be here! I'm loving my new Nexus One :D I will look into getting the phones before their release, but I'm guessing is almost impossible. I was able to get the Droid a few days before it came out tho ;)

mtb1981

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Okay gentlemen I'm now posting from my 550MHz CPU powered Moto Droid. Went to vzw n was just like f it. I'm lovin it. Kinda mad that I can't remember my Facebook pw though. And yes, the ladies were involved lol.

Exactly! Scratch one N1 for google since they can't get their house in order. Glad you like the droid pk, congrats.

pkmachinegun

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks big guy. I suggest u just go get a Droid and call it a day. Ill have this phone for a while so I'm settling in. Definately think the droid is worth it. The phys keypad is a little awkward, but after a few hours n a couple of cigarettes, you'll get the hang of it too. =)

eric.atx

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site

Happy belated birthday!

Not the first time that's happened. The second another carrier has better coverage than Verizon, I'm jumping ship... cause this boat's been on fire for years.

I jumped ship about 8 months ago and aside from the fact that blackberries suck and so does my choice of phones I love the switch. I'll be in heaven once I get an Android phone!!!