Thats it! I've run out of patience....

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Im running out of patience rather quickly here...I been waiting to see of the HTC Desire will be indeed coming to Att. I been following the CTIA coverage and nothing! nada!!! no confirmation that the Desire would even be coming to the states! after thinking about it much and seeing tons and tons of youtube videos of Nexus One...i have decided to go ahead and put my beloved Jailbroken Iphone for sale and get my Nexus One...before i make my purchase i had a few questions:

How effective is the "push" notification for email on the Nexus One? im a heavy email user and trust me if i did fine on my iPhone i be i will be fine on Android but i wanted to know how well the push email worked....does email come thru right away?

and my other question is, does my phone have to be rooted for the Trackball lighting to work?... (in different colors)

Any advice also would be appreciated! i been an iPhone and Blackberry User for almost 3 years! played around with a few Android devices here and there but never owned one...Thanks guys!!

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
For me push seems rather fast and almost immediate. I created a draft and checked my phone right away to see it already on my phone.

Labels is a feature that the Gmail app has.

"Undo" is another feature on the N1 (android) that is awesome too.

If you use Gmail, you should not even worry about being better than the iPhone at sending/receiving.

Fareo

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
i can feel ya, its hard seeing everyone with smart phones when i have the voyager which is a GED phone. it can go online and do some stuff and i think thats worse then having a dumb phone, at least with a dumb phone you can just play it off, when my friends whip out their smart phones and im trying to look something up and they find it first its really frustrating.

i have cash set aside for this from my tax return and i could get the eris but it wont get flash. the droids keyboard is useless. honestly it if it didnt have a keyboard i might have got that already. everyday i try to check android centrals main page from my phone at work, to see if the nexus was announced for verizon and it takes like 3 mins to load... FFFFFFUUUUU this is why i want it, so i can check to see if it is out! WHAT KIND OF SICK IRONY IS THATTT!!!1

bleh but i digress.. i must remain patient... :/

Last edited:

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Fareo if you can wait another month, I would hold off on that N1 purchase. The Incredible will be coming out at the end of April, and it tops the N1, by a mile.

Fareo

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Fareo if you can wait another month, I would hold off on that N1 purchase. The Incredible will be coming out at the end of April, and it tops the N1, by a mile.

is it really that much better? lets keep in mind ive never owned a smart phone, id be impressed with the Eris/Hero right now and if it was getting flash i would have bought it...?

that and i just kinda like the look of the nexus, only thing thats really gonna stop me on the nexus is the verzion new every 2 credit which i dont think ill be able to get.. if not then ya the incredible might be the way to go.. i donno ugh..

2 years of this voyager with everyone telling me what they can do with thier iphone or android phone and im so close, im actually ready the only thing holding me back is availability.

geminidad

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
LOL No Fareo, the Incredible doesn't top the N1 by a mile, doesn't top it at all. It's the exact something except its ugly (personal opinion) and its underclocked which means slower then the N1 but saves a little, little amount of battery. Just get the N1 I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. If you have gmail then the push is almost instant but anything else will have to be set to check on an timely basic (example: every hour) I'll tell you though it sucks for regular email and I had problems, had to set it up manually and use 3G, oddly wouldn't work on Wi-Fi. Yes, you have to root to get the colored LED trackball. You can root and install Cyanogen mod which comes with it or install the patch separately. Also the benefit of rooting is installing custom ROMs. I use the Cyanogen mod and the Desire Sense UI 2.1 which I really like a lot and works well. So if you like the Desire and Sense UI then get the N1(Desires twin, except the Desire has physical buttons) and root it and install the Desire ROM or any other ROM you'd like. Hope I helped :)

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Nerdy One for the info! I will go ahead and do that then..I'm gonna give in and buy the Nexus One tonight!

Btw...in my opinion..the Incredible just doesn't have the clean lines of the N1 (if the Incredible pics are the actual real pics) and according to rumors it's underclocked

Nexus 1 here I come!

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
doesn't matter what comes out... the EVO 4G announcement blows anything and everything out of the water.... if i didn't have the Nexus, that's what I'd be gunning for... and in fact, if i can ever bring myself to Sprint (which I don't think I can, but who knows)... i might still just get one...

z0phi3l

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
doesn't matter what comes out... the EVO 4G announcement blows anything and everything out of the water.... if i didn't have the Nexus, that's what I'd be gunning for... and in fact, if i can ever bring myself to Sprint (which I don't think I can, but who knows)... i might still just get one...

Same here, I considered it for about 3 minutes, but I won't go to sprint

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
They're essential the same phone, except for the fact that the incredible has sense UI and a trackpad (rather than a trackball), which IMO does not make it better what so ever if you prefer a trackball. I can probably search & put sense on my N1 if I wanted to, but I'm happened with what I have (n1) now, for now.

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site

Yes EVO 4G has elevated the bar in the smartphone market really HIGH!

I would like one too BUT im not too sold on Sprint...i had then a few years ago and they were awwwwful!!...then again times change and so do companies

i should be getting that Nexus tomorrow or Monday-Tuesday...it hasnt shipped yet! :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz