Verizon Nexus 1 Warranty/Exchange/Insurance Policy

w0rdie

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Just curious as to how this will be handled.. since the phone isn't sold in stores or stocked by Verizon at all -- who would I contact for a hardware failure? Google? 611?

What if I have an insurance claim to make? Will Verizon's handler be the one to send me a new Nexus and work that out with Google or will insurance polices even be applicable to the Nexus?

As badly as I want the phone I do have to say that if the support/insurance isn't there to the same degree that it would be for any other phone on Verizon's network it may not be the right choice for me.

anon(12291)

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Just curious as to how this will be handled.. since the phone isn't sold in stores or stocked by Verizon at all -- who would I contact for a hardware failure? Google? 611?

What if I have an insurance claim to make? Will Verizon's handler be the one to send me a new Nexus and work that out with Google or will insurance polices even be applicable to the Nexus?

As badly as I want the phone I do have to say that if the support/insurance isn't there to the same degree that it would be for any other phone on Verizon's network it may not be the right choice for me.

You would contact Google for support via the N1 support forum and support phone number. You can buy insurance, too. Check out the N1 support forums - all these questions are answered there, and I don't think there will be too many differences between the Tmo and VZW versions in terms of support.

anon(12291)

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
So you're saying Google's insurance would replace that of Verizon as it applies to the N1?

The way the T-Mo N1 insurance works is you get it through the carrier. So, I'd assume you'd get the handset insured through Verizon. That being said, it's probably best to wait and see once the VZW N1 launches.