Confirmed: Verizon Nexus One Cancelled

piperp

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I was in a Verizon store yesterday and got to play with one the rep had sitting behind the counter. I think the reps are getting the chance to get them as their own phones a bit early. It sounds like some may be using it to help get sales. In any case, I posted about that in the Incredible forum.

I'm still torn on whether I want to get this or wait to see if anything will materialize from Google in the beginning of May.

andyandroid

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow, Google's site actually has an update! :)

BUT... It's saying to actually go buy the Droid Incredible??? :( Sounds like to me that they are giving up, no?

Nexus One | News and Updates

MOTHERF#$KER!!!!! Could it be that they are just trying to hype the Incredible before it's release as part of some deal with Verizon? I'd be SUPER pissed if there is no VZW N1. WTF DOES THIS MEAN???????

andyandroid

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Sure it might be the best link in a few weeks but it doesn't mean its accurate. The only reason I say this is because they are citing OZCAR which is a terrible website for information. OZCAR always just writes that any rumor is true and they write on pure speculation. I will agree tho that it seems very likely that the Google's IO conference that they will debut the N1. And I assume it will have 2.2 Froyo.

My only hopes are that they release it sooner so I can make a choice by the end of the month of what phone I will be buying.

I hope they fix the issues of the screen and buttons and update the phone with new hardware so that it becomes the most up-to-date phone otherwise with the specs and everything in it...it's going to be outdated soon

The google.com/phone site nows says go buy an Incredible? Does this mean no VZW N1? Was this the surprise that was worth waiting for? Will there truly be no VZW N1? I'm F#$Kin PISSED AT GOOGLE RIGHT NOW! WTF DOES THIS MEAN? Anyone have an inside scoop on this?

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, even if you click on the 'Get a Phone' button/link on their site, they've moved the VZW logo/text to up under the 'Phone + Plans' section and also say pretty much to just go buy the Droid Incredible.

So, looks like it's "officially" dead folks... Sorry! I was gonna buy the INC this Thurs and hope in the next 30 days (ie May Google Conference) that they would drop the VZW N1 and return it, but doesn't look like it :(

mbranscum

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Well, even if you click on the 'Get a Phone' button/link on their site, they've moved the VZW logo/text to up under the 'Phone + Plans' section and also say pretty much to just go buy the Droid Incredible.

So, looks like it's "officially" dead folks... Sorry! I was gonna buy the INC this Thurs and hope in the next 30 days (ie May Google Conference) that they would drop the VZW N1 and return it, but doesn't look like it :(

Phonescoop.com is reporting this morning that the Nexus One has been cancelled for Verizon in the US, but the UK will get it.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Chuck what does this mean? Do we all need to go and get that ugly black POS?

Dude.... I know you're angry, and I would be too if I were a hold-out.

But the Incredible is definately not a "POS".

I'm sure whatever the reason Google and/or Verizon decided to do this will be available shortly. I'm irritated and i'm not even an Nexus fan.

Last edited:

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
All I have to say is we deserve a reason. This is complete and utter BS if this is the truth. I can not believe I have the car dock, case, docking station and extra battery for a phone I will never be able to own. I am going to wait for official word...no one has said it is not coming out from Google. Lets see what happens Friday.....

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Well...all in all, I will admit even though it's not exactly the same thing...the Incredible ended up being the VZW Nexus One...I was personally going to run it the retail on Sprint, but what a kick in the balls. It appears that Google is not going to burn their bridges with VZW for any future releases. SH#T!!

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Well...all in all, I will admit even though it's not exactly the same thing...the Incredible ended up being the VZW Nexus One...I was personally going to run it the retail on Sprint, but what a kick in the balls. It appears that Google is not going to burn their bridges with VZW for any future releases. SH#T!!

Tater, I'd be interested to know your take on this, if it turns out that Google was the main culprit behind this, and not Verizon. Somehow I think Verizon had more to do with it though.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
According to the Android Central post Verizon rejected the phone several times partially because of the trackball

*shrug*

Glad I didn't pre-buy any of the accessories (sorry Chuck!)

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Tater, I'd be interested to know your take on this, if it turns out that Google was the main culprit behind this, and not Verizon. Somehow I think Verizon had more to do with it though.

I do think that Verizon carries 90% of the blame...beings that Google would sell the phone to anyone willing to purchase it as long as VZW approves it. However I do hold Google fully responsible for this debacle. DON'T PUT THE CARRIAGE BEFORE THE HORSE. They royally messed up by even putting VZW on there without Verizon's approval of the Nexus One. It seems they may have learned a bit of a lesson and explains why there hasn't been an addition of Sprint's coming soon. I also want to admit that I was wrong about Google not moving away from their model...it now appears that Vodafone will be selling them in their stores. I still want the phone...I have a BB Pearl now, with a trackball. I know A LOT of people had and have issues with it, but I run a paper towel with Rubbing Alcohol on it a couple times a month and it's stays clean...removed the chrome/paint around it but functions as it should.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I do think that Verizon carries 90% of the blame...beings that Google would sell the phone to anyone willing to purchase it as long as VZW approves it. However I do hold Google fully responsible for this debacle. DON'T PUT THE CARRIAGE BEFORE THE HORSE. They royally messed up by even putting VZW on there without Verizon's approval of the Nexus One. It seems they may have learned a bit of a lesson and explains why there hasn't been an addition of Sprint's coming soon. I also want to admit that I was wrong about Google not moving away from their model...it now appears that Vodafone will be selling them in their stores. I still want the phone...I have a BB Pearl now, with a trackball. I know A LOT of people had and have issues with it, but I run a paper towel with Rubbing Alcohol on it a couple times a month and it's stays clean...removed the chrome/paint around it but functions as it should.

I agree with you 100%. I can't understand why they'd even put it on their site...especially with it being VZW. Everyone knows VZW is very very tight fisted when it comes to stuff like that. I've had guys that work for them describe their employer as being very greedy, business wise. Ah well lesson learned.

About the track ball. I used an old model Curve for a long time. There's a way to actually pop the ball out of it's nest and use your cleaning method then. That would avoid rubbing "chrome" or paint off.