MMS not working properly on my Att Nexus

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
ok now im getting annoyed BIG TIME with the mms not working right on my Nexus! i received a mms this morning and it had a pic attached to it i clicked download and it does its thing...then it says "download unsuccesful" I even try to send mms and sometimes it takes a long time for the other person to receive it and most of the times it doesnt even go thru...anyone having these issues with the Att 3G version?

i havent tried the battery "pull" fix that i found online

any help on this would be appreciated....im getting really annoyed! :mad:

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Had a similar problem on my Droid. I called VZW and they walked me through some basic fixes, but they didn't work and I had to do a factory reset (less ominous than it sounds.) I recommend you call tech support. It could also be a temporary service outage, I was told.

Stephman

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Take a deep breath and relax.
Contact Google first as I believe AT&T doesn't really provide the tech support for the Nexus One...I'm sure someone will chime in on here if I'm wrong.

I've had no problems sending and receiving MMS's on my AT&T N1 after removing the SIM card from my iPhone 3G and placing it in my N1.

Good luck getting this fixed!

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
nothing could be done, we tried master reset, soft reset, nothing! finally the rep who was really helpful told me i could send back my N1 for a newer (proabbly refurbish) unit...idk what i want to do yet! so fustrating when stuff doesnt work!

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Tough call. You never know what you will get with a refurubed unit.
By the way I have the AT&T version and I am able to send MMS. I had an iPhone and just moved the SIM card over. Is that what you did? 'Cause maybe it's the SIM?

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
thats what i did my man...and nothing..Google support told me that i might have to return the unit but i just dont see how thsi partuclar unit would have mms not working! just doesnt make any sense at all...im beginning to think its my sim card and not the phone but i called att and support has me done that i do in fact have mms. I will try to see again if i can send mms thru my iphone....this SUCKS!!

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
thats what i did my man...and nothing..Google support told me that i might have to return the unit but i just dont see how thsi partuclar unit would have mms not working! just doesnt make any sense at all...im beginning to think its my sim card and not the phone but i called att and support has me done that i do in fact have mms. I will try to see again if i can send mms thru my iphone....this SUCKS!!

You might want to consider bringing it to an AT&T store and say that you need a new SIM card. Just say you had a SIM error pop up or something. I have had SIM cards die (business phones) and the store is able to whip up a new one in a couple of minutes.

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
ok so now the phone sends and receives mms! wtf!!!? weird but i still have the same sim card and i kept trying to send pics and it went thru....idk what happen but it now works and i am now HAPPY!!!

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely hate how AT&T doesn't officially support the Nexus. I can't get simultaneous voice and data on 3G and apparently nothing can be done about it.

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
yes i hate that too but its a small price to pay for me i guess...well lol nothing small about the price of the Nexus so ill take that back! lol

Stephman

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Simulataneous voice and data is working for me.
I was just on a test call with a friend, I put him on speaker and started surfing the web no problem on 3G...WiFi was off.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Simultaneous voice and data is part of the UMTS (3G) standard and should function regardless of provider.

If it is not working, the culprit is most likely the device as at&t Mobility does not have the capability to deny part of the UMTS (3G) standard to certain users.

Dan

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01