new nest hub max keeps dropping internet connection

farmwersteve

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
I just got the new large screen Google nest hub max.
It is replacing the 7" Google nest hub, in fact in the exact same location with the same WiFi network and everything else status quo

My point is that this new nest hub max keeps dropping the Wi-Fi internet connection.

It's very frustrating to watch it go to the connection screen every 5 minutes.

I have unplugged and restarted internet connection several times. Anyone else with this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
... or is that what you mean by unplugging and restarting the internet connection?

I don't have a Google smart display, but is there an easy way to make sure it's fully up to date, both software and firmware-wise?

farmwersteve

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
... or is that what you mean by unplugging and restarting the internet connection?

I don't have a Google smart display, but is there an easy way to make sure it's fully up to date, both software and firmware-wise?

It automatically updates itself when starting the setup process. So the software should only be about 4 days old if it doesn't auto check for updates.

I am going to put it directly beside the WiFi router to see if that helps

Also, I guess there might be a router setting on my network that is kicking it off randomly.

I should call Google, but too tired tonight to go through that process.

Already spent enough time with them last week to get my wifes pixel 3xl rma for terrible outgoing phone call quality

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
It automatically updates itself when starting the setup process. So the software should only be about 4 days old if it doesn't auto check for updates.

I am going to put it directly beside the WiFi router to see if that helps

Also, I guess there might be a router setting on my network that is kicking it off randomly.

I should call Google, but too tired tonight to go through that process.

Already spent enough time with them last week to get my wifes pixel 3xl rma for terrible outgoing phone call quality

there is such thing as being too close. try to keep it at least free feet away. also try swapping 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. finally if your router has smart connect, try turning it off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX