Buying this to hold me off. Damn good deal.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hands-on CHUWI V99 2048*1536 9.7" Retina Display Android 4.1 Bluetooth Tablet with 10000 mAh Battery - YouTube

I had to buy something while I waited. Seriously guys, take a look at this. 2048*1536 pixels, Dual core 1.5ghz, 1GB RAM, Jelly Bean, SD Slot, nice aluminum build, only 9.9mm thick. I'm kind looking forward to it. It's only a measly 270$ bucks from a ton of chinese retailers. Thats only 25 bucks more that a 16gb N7. Seems like a bargain. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be buying an N10 too, but this thing is sexy as hell.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
The benchmark score on that thing is really low, with that resolution, lots of horsepower is needed...ehhhh....

Your literally throwing $270 away, nobody will buy that from you, and if they do, it will be for less than $100. Buy a Nexus 7, then you will have different form factors and you may actually still use the 7 when you get the 10.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
The benchmark score on that thing is really low, with that resolution, lots of horsepower is needed...ehhhh....

Your literally throwing $270 away, nobody will buy that from you, and if they do, it will be for less than $100. Buy a Nexus 7, then you will have different form factors and you may actually still use the 7 when you get the 10.

I don't sell my devices. Already have a N7. I'm just buying it because it's thin and sexy as hell, has fantastic resolution and expandable storage. Good for browsing and watching movies. Probably terrible for games. The benchmark was funky, but HD video and web browsing looked smooth in the walkthrough.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
-1 for Gangnam style in the video lol

Just curious, why would you buy both tablets? I mean, the N10 will be out in about a week from now.. I'm always a little suspicious of 3rd party Chinese brands, but I might actually jump on it if reviews are decent. I wanted to test Ubuntu on a cheap device, might as well get something like this instead of destroying an N10 ;).

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't buy a Chinese knockoff product that uses another company's branding in their descriptions. (Retina display?)

C'mon man. Just donate the $270 you're wasting to the Red Cross instead.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
-1 for Gangnam style in the video lol

Just curious, why would you buy both tablets? I mean, the N10 will be out in about a week from now.. I'm always a little suspicious of 3rd party Chinese brands, but I might actually jump on it if reviews are decent. I wanted to test Ubuntu on a cheap device, might as well get something like this instead of destroying an N10 ;).

I wouldn't buy a Chinese knockoff product that uses another company's branding in their descriptions. (Retina display?)

C'mon man. Just donate the $270 you're wasting to the Red Cross instead.

For reasons. Mainly because it's way lighter, thinner and sexier than the N7. I have plenty of disposable income. Besides, I use tablets almost exclusively for browsing the web and watching movies/TV. If it performs those tasks well, I'll probably use it more than my N10. And I already donated thousands to charity this year, the unfortunates of this world have had enough of my not hard earned money.

anon(20593)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Interesting to see that someone with plenty of disposable income still needs validation from the Android community about buying the $270 CHUWI tablet when he couldn't wait for 2 weeks. 2 weeks.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Interesting to see that someone with plenty of disposable income still needs validation from the Android community about buying the $270 CHUWI tablet when he couldn't wait for 2 weeks. 2 weeks.

I didn't need validation, I was just pointing out a nice tab that's got a value that can only be compared to the N10. I'm buying the N10 too, don't get your hair in a knot.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't need validation, I was just pointing out a nice tab that's got a value that can only be compared to the N10. I'm buying the N10 too, don't get your hair in a knot.

I really don't understand why you're doing this. It's your choice but I'm confused!

Sent from my Nexus 7

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
How difficult are repairs with Chinese brands that mostly cater to asia? One thing I'm a stickler about are warranties--that's the main reason I avoid used electronics. I've just had a lot of bad experiences with devices dying pretty much days after the warranty expires.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
How difficult are repairs with Chinese brands that mostly cater to asia? One thing I'm a stickler about are warranties--that's the main reason I avoid used electronics. I've just had a lot of bad experiences with devices dying pretty much days after the warranty expires.

Probably impossible to repair. It has no warranty, either.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
To each their own man. I most definitely wouldn't do it but if it suits you I'm glad you're happy.

With that being said, I sure hope nobody follows in this guy's footsteps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums