Nexus 10 Case

Chazinski

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
With gorilla glass on one side and decent plastic on the other, I'm not going to worry at first, but eventually it will be necessary to stand the thing up and protect the screen a little. I'm jealous of the Surface owners with their stands and flip keyboards, so something similar is what I plan on getting eventually--hopefully some possibilities will become available. The flip part doesn't need to be a keyboard, just protect the screen, since the keyboard doesn't need to physically attach--I favor the K810 there. Currently I just throw everything in a backpack, but if good flippers take a while to show up, I'll probably try the i-BLASON temporarily.

dynesh

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I really liked the official case from Samsung for the Note 10.1

Very thin, book cover type case. But it was way too much for what it was, and the fact that it didn't have the smart cover capabilities. But I would still buy that kind again if Samsung makes one for this. The smart cover would make it worth it, in the end.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I will probably get a sleeve similar to what was released for the galaxy note 10.1 OG until Google comes out with some official accessories

Joescan09

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't like bulky cases, I do like the book case but wish it had some sort of folding stand included like the smart covers.

samagon

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Don't hold yourselves to tablet cases and sleeves.

I got what was called a "HP mini laptop sleeve"

HewlettPackard WV594AA - Best Buy

Cheap, very lightweight, soft, has an extra pocket on the front, cheap, it says HP on it, but the best part is, it was cheap. And best of all (next to being cheap) it protects my tf101 really well. I'll be keeping this for use with the n10. Sorry to whoever I sell the Asus to.

Anyway, don't limit yourself to tablet accessories in your search.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the Poetic case and screen protector for my N7, and it will be at least mid December before I can pick up an N10. Hopefully Poetic will have a case and screen protector for the N10 by the time I am ready to purchase.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the Poetic case and screen protector for my N7, and it will be at least mid December before I can pick up an N10. Hopefully Poetic will have a case and screen protector for the N10 by the time I am ready to purchase.

impulse101

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Dont feel sorry, the Surface owners bought a disaster of a tablet. The screen is garbage, there are no apps, it doesnt run window programs and the cool looking keyboard/case is built like dog , they have been cracking and breaking left and right. Feel happy that you didn't fall for the hype win8 tablets and phones are going to be a huge failure

impulse101

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't hold yourselves to tablet cases and sleeves.

I got what was called a "HP mini laptop sleeve"

HewlettPackard WV594AA - Best Buy

Cheap, very lightweight, soft, has an extra pocket on the front, cheap, it says HP on it, but the best part is, it was cheap. And best of all (next to being cheap) it protects my tf101 really well. I'll be keeping this for use with the n10. Sorry to whoever I sell the Asus to.

Anyway, don't limit yourself to tablet accessories in your search.

People dont need a useless sleeve or case. They want something that converts to a stand, protection isnt that important as it has gorilla glass. I just need a stand to watch video

Joescan09

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes that's what I want somthing that covers the sreen that doubles as a stand, I don't need a crazy case to cover the whole device.

samagon

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
People dont need a useless sleeve or case. They want something that converts to a stand, protection isnt that important as it has gorilla glass. I just need a stand to watch video

if you go back and read the OP, that's precisely what he asked for:

What are people doing to keep their new toys safe and looking good?

Everybody has their own ideas on what they want to use to hold their device while they're carrying it around, you aren't as worried about it as some, but don't discount other people's suggestions because they don't line up with your needs.

I don't like to spend a lot of money on things that make the whole process complicated, and I like to think out of the box, so for a stand, you can always head out to a craft store and go to the section that has little tiny easel stands. They can be had for a few bucks and fold into nothing and weigh less than that. They don't look terrific, but they will do exactly the job you are looking for, be a stand for your device while you are watching video.

This Mini Easel is Simple to Set Up! This Display is Great for Retail Stores! Use This Mini Easel on Countertops!

peaches1998

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm new here coming to Android from Apple and appreciate all the information I've read here.

I use a slip case for traveling as well as the stand case for day to day. I found the HP case less expensive on Amazon and thanks for the suggestion.

As to the iBlassen case linked above, it appears that it might cover the front facing speakers. The same company also makes a slim profile smart case but Amazon photo just shows a side view. Bt it looks like the speakers would be completely open with it.

Amazon.com: i-Blason Auto Sleep / Wake Google Nexus 10 Inch Tablet Slim folio Book Shell Case With Built in Stand Hard Back Cover 16GB 32GB 64GB (Black): Electronics

Does anyone have experience with their cases as they make them for most brands/sizes of tablets.

Shelly

Jordan Tucker

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If any of you happen to have an Amazon Kindle DX case, the Nexus 10 fits quite nicely in it. The rubbery back of the Nexus sticks to the cloth inside of the Kindle case so the Nexus doesn't slide around. I'm using this temporarily until one of the other cases is available, like the i-Blason or the Supercase mentioned before.

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I put a case on everything but I'm really digging this thing nekkid. I'm really interested in the smart cover from Google if it's ever available (POGO charger, please). I will get some clear screen protectors, still paranoid about that.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I also had the N7 Poetic case (sold it along with my N7) and loved it. That's probably the brand I'll get for the N10.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital