Nexus 10 Case

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
This looks interesting, a ruggedized style case: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2377368

81cJSv3YIWL._SL1500_.jpg

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

PaulH2

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious to see how I like the i-blason with it covering the front. With the poetic sometimes a tab would pop off, not enough that the case could come off but it was slightly disconcerting.
Mine just arrived (the i-Blason that is). The case sits a little close to the top of the screen, but not so close that it interferes with swiping down on the notification bar. Aesthetically, I'd have preferred black stitching and black suede, but it doesn't look bad and it'll do the job well enough. I'll probably look at other (slimmer) cases in the new year, but the i-Blason does the job, the cut-outs are all in the right places and most importantly (for now) it was in stock!

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine just arrived (the i-Blason that is). The case sits a little close to the top of the screen, but not so close that it interferes with swiping down on the notification bar. Aesthetically, I'd have preferred black stitching and black suede, but it doesn't look bad and it'll do the job well enough. I'll probably look at other (slimmer) cases in the new year, but the i-Blason does the job, the cut-outs are all in the right places and most importantly (for now) it was in stock!

Mine just arrived, I feel the same. Works for now but honestly I've been using it nekkid so long that I think I almost prefer that.

Update: I can't seem to get the" smart" function of this working. I close the flap, nothing happens. I put it to sleep, open the flap, nothing happens. What am I missing?

Update 2: It doesn't work through the case, I don't know if the magnets are not strong enough or what. If I remove it and hold the flap against the screen, it works. In the case, secured, the smart cover function doesn't work.

Last edited:

Jordan Tucker

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Buyer Beware: I ordered my i-Blason from Amazon five days ago and it still hasn't shipped. Two days ago I sent a message inquiring why the item hadn't shipped, here's their reply:

Wed 11/28/2012 1:11 PM
we just got the inventory in your item will on the way soon

This morning I still hadn't received notification of shipping, so I inquired again. I just received another reply:

Fri 11/30/2012 4:44 PM
Sincere apologies for the delay from i-Blason.com. We just received our inventory which was delayed due to heavy traffic in express carrier business close to Xmas. Your order will be prioritized and shipped out shortly.

Who knows when I'll actually get this thing. I'm not happy considering I was hoping to get it by today.

And now ShanMan14 says he can't get the Auto Sleep / Wake feature to work. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I contacted i-Blason (does anyone else think this is a weird name?) And got in touch with someone immediately. They are taking care of it for me. We'll see what the replacement does but kudos for great customer service so far.

Fwiw, the odor on these is strong and not too pleasant, very chemical like. It'll dissipate, though.

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Wonder if you'll get your replacement before the other guy gets his original order

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I got a similar case for my Nexus 7, but am not a fan. While I like the look and slim fit, the case is incredibly heavy for its size (making the light Nexus 7 feel like a brick), and the fake leather feels really cheap.

PaulH2

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine just arrived, I feel the same. Works for now but honestly I've been using it nekkid so long that I think I almost prefer that.

Update: I can't seem to get the" smart" function of this working. I close the flap, nothing happens. I put it to sleep, open the flap, nothing happens. What am I missing?

Update 2: It doesn't work through the case, I don't know if the magnets are not strong enough or what. If I remove it and hold the flap against the screen, it works. In the case, secured, the smart cover function doesn't work.
The smart on-off functionality works fine on mine.

A few more thoughts on the iBlason case after a few days of use:
  1. As others have reported, these things are pretty smelly when new (and not a nice "new leather" smell).
  2. For some odd reason the cutouts for the speakers are not symmetric, the piece of "leather" theat goes from front to back on the right hand side is below the micro HDMI port and so the case covers the active area of the right speaker (this seems an odd design, the hight of the micro HDMI port and micro-USB on the opposite side are the same). It doesn't muffle the sound too badly, but it is noticable.
  3. The case is a bit too close to the screen. At the sides and bottom this doesn't really matter, but it does get in the way on the top. If you are holding the tablet, swiping the notification bar down is fine, if its standing on your desk I find swiping the notification area is a bit hit and miss.
Overall, I'm still satisfied with the case for the time being. It meets my short term needs (protecting the tablet for a couple of trips), but will be looking for something better in the new year...

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got this reply from Ghost Armor in case anyone is looking for a good screen protector:

With regards to the availability of the screen armor for the Nexus 10, our design team is currently working on it so we?re looking at somewhere between 1 and 2 weeks for that to be ready to ship. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let me know. Thank you for choosing Ghost Armor.

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
One full week after ordering my i-Blason and it still hasn't shipped. I told i-Blason that if I didn't get a shipping confirmation by the end of the day, I'm canceling my order.

You're not alone.
I ordered mine 11/22 from Amazon. It showed as being "In Stock" but after waiting a week without getting a shipping confirmation I decided to email the i-Blason directly and ask why there was a delay.
Here is the reply I received last week...
"Wanted to inform you that there will be a delay in the Slim folio Book Shell Case for nexus 10 due to hot demand and factory's capacity issue to meet holiday demand. This order will ship at the start of next week. We do apologize for the delay. "
The next morning the case no longer showed "In Stock" but was showing "Available 12/3" They are now appear to be in stock again. lol We'll see...
I've also noticed that the Poetic Hardback case that was showing as "In Stock" yesterday is now showing as "In stock on December 6, 2012".
These cases look almost identical and I have to wonder if one factory isn't producing them, and apparently that factory is having some issues. I'm going to give it a couple more days. I'm not seeing any available from anyone else at the moment anyway, so all we can do is wait.

Hard to believe that as aggressive as Google was at hyping these tablets, there are no accessories available anywhere.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Is anybody else kind of ticked off that Google hasn't released cases for this yet? I mean this is getting a little ridiculous first with the Nexus 7 and now for the Nexus 10. They need to get their crap together and soon.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

NexusX

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see some first party things.
I like the nexus 7 dock...but I have a nexus 10...so WHOOOPADEEDOO!
I would assume they are making a nexus 10 dock that likely looks the same...which I would likely buy...once they make it available... tick tock tick tock

Also, To: everyone, Like you I like the look of that Poetic case...but pictures on amazon from someone that got their already showed some pretty crappy build quality...has that changed any of ur minds??? just curious...I'm on the fence.