Nexus 10 Case

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm losing track of the cases we've talked about in this thread so I went ahead and compiled them all in this one post. These are all from Amazon and some are eligible for Prime. These are not sleeves, but cases made for the Nexus 10. Some of these cases are available in multiple colors, but I didn't list all of them. This info is current as of 24 Nov 2012.
-----------------------------------------------------
i-BLASON Auto Sleep / Wake Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet Leather Case Cover with Stylus loop and Bonus Stylus 3 Year Warranty (Black)
Amazon.com: i-BLASON Auto Sleep / Wake Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet Leather Case Cover with Stylus loop and Bonus Stylus 3 Year Warranty (Black): Computers & Accessories
$9.95 + $4.98 shipping
In Stock. Sold by i-BLASON

i-Blason Auto Sleep / Wake Google Nexus 10 Inch Tablet Slim folio Book Shell Case With Built in Stand Hard Back Cover 16GB 32GB 64GB (Black)

Amazon.com: i-Blason Auto Sleep / Wake Google Nexus 10 Inch Tablet Slim folio Book Shell Case With Built in Stand Hard Back Cover 16GB 32GB 64GB (Black): Computers & Accessories
$14.95 + $4.98 shipping
In Stock. Sold by i-BLASON

Supcase Ultra Slim Fit Multi-angles Leather Cover Case for Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet (Purple) - Multiple Color Options
Amazon.com: Supcase Ultra Slim Fit Multi-angles Leather Cover Case for Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet (Purple) - Multiple Color Options: Office Products
$13.99 + $4.99 shipping
In stock on November 30, 2012. Sold by BrilloTech

Bear Motion (TM) Premium Case Cover with Stand for Google Nexus 10 inch tablet - BX - Black (Support Auto Wake/Sleep Function)
Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Bear Motion (TM) Premium Case Cover with Stand for Google Nexus 10 inch tablet - BX - Black (Support Auto Wake/Sleep Function)
$12.99 + $4.49 shipping

Poetic HardBack Protective Case for Google Nexus 10
Amazon.com: Poetic HardBack Protective Case for Google Nexus 10: Everything Else
$6.95 + Free Shipping
In stock on December 7, 2012. Sold by Exact-Deal

Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio for Google Nexus 10 Tablet
Amazon.com: Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio for Google Nexus 10 Tablet: Electronics
$9.95 + Free Shipping
In stock on December 25, 2012. Sold by Exact-Deal

These are some more that I found on Amazon that were not talked about:

FINTIE (Black) Slim Fit Leather Folio Stand Case Cover Auto Sleep/Wake for Google Nexus 10 Inch Android Tablet- 8 Color Options
Amazon.com: FINTIE (Black) Slim Fit Leather Folio Stand Case Cover Auto Sleep/Wake for Google Nexus 10 Inch Android Tablet- 8 Color Options: Computers & Accessories
$8.99 + $4.99 shipping
Available for Pre-order. Sold by Fintie

KaysCase FlipStand Leather Case Cover for Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet with Sleep/Wake Function (Black)
KaysCase FlipStand Leather Case Cover for Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet with Sleep/Wake Function (Black): Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining
$15.99 + $3.98 shipping
Available for Pre-order. Sold by Kay's Technology

Ionic Bluetooth Keyboard Tablet Stand Leather Case for Google Nexus 10 Tablet (Black/Brown)[Smart Cover Function: Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 10 to Sleep]
Amazon.com: Ionic Bluetooth Keyboard Tablet Stand Leather Case for Google Nexus 10 Tablet (Black/Brown)[Smart Cover Function: Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 10 to Sleep]: Computers & Accessories
$34.85 + $4.85 shipping
In stock on December 7, 2012. Sold by CrazyOnDigital Corp.

Amzer Silicone Jelly Skin Fit Case Cover for Google/Samsung Nexus 10 - Black (AMZ95131) <<< Only one I found so far
Amazon.com: Amzer Silicone Jelly Skin Fit Case Cover for Google/Samsung Nexus 10 - Black (AMZ95131): Computers & Accessories
Price: $19.95 Eligible for Amazon Prime
Temporarily out of stock.

BcSirstaroth

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine. If I don't like it I can return it and if the smartcover comes out before then I can cancel cover order #4. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long for a cover.

Yeah I'll probably do that too. Just realized that seller is the same as the n7 case. That must be what whoever said something about the seller meant (on phone, too lazy to look it up lol)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Even if they doubled the price I'd still get it; the same design poetic n7 case was great. But I agree that the price does seem rather low.

sbradfor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Even if they doubled the price I'd still get it; the same design poetic n7 case was great. But I agree that the price does seem rather low.

Here is what Poetic had to say when I emailed them about it:

We are running new Product promotion for our new released product on Amazon.com. We are doing a little different than other brand for charging more when they release new products. Instead, we are doing promotion on new introductory products. We might not earn money for this price for our high quality products. Instead we are doing this is just let more people know Poetic.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I got this Supcase Slim Fit for my wife. I prefer the case to cover the edges for her use.

Amazon.com: Supcase Slim Fit Folio Leather Case Cover for Google Nexus 10 Tablet (Black) - Multiple Color Options: Office Products

We will see how it does when it arrives Tuesday.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the link! I bought this one as well. That will hold me over until the Poetic Slimline (also ordered) gets made and shipped!

Then down the road I will get the Sedio case when its made and ready :D

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Here is what Poetic had to say when I emailed them about it:

Hey thanks so much for looking into this! Glad I ordered one! They have pictures up now, and it looks pretty awesome

81KRFcMcjdL._AA1500_.jpg

81aZH-S66YL._AA1500_.jpg

51ey3a3ZRwL._AA1500_.jpg

41iylnR2IiL._AA1500_.jpg

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey thanks so much for looking into this! Glad I ordered one! They have pictures up now, and it looks pretty awesome

Interesting. It looks like that slimline cover is using a replacement top panel to attach it to the tablet. But it also looks like it can't act as stand, which is a major detraction. :( This is likely an experiment for Poetic, because they don't offer this type of cover for any other device (likely because no other tablet is designed with an intentionally removable back section for attaching a case).

sbradfor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It depends on which Poetic case you're referring to. The i-BLASON that you mentioned covers the front of the tablet. Personally, I don't like having something that covers the front (frame around the screen). Some of the Poetic cases just grip the sides and leave the front bare.

sbradfor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. It looks like that slimline cover is using a replacement top panel to attach it to the tablet. But it also looks like it can't act as stand, which is a major detraction. :( This is likely an experiment for Poetic, because they don't offer this type of cover for any other device (likely because no other tablet is designed with an intentionally removable back section for attaching a case).

Actually it is like some of their other cases and it can act as a stand. Look at the first picture carefully. See the two lines running down? That is the folds for the stand. Here is a link to the Google Nexus 7 case that is very similar: Amazon.com: Poetic Slimline Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus Black(Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)(Final Version: With Secure Magnetic Closure, Cover Able to Fully F

Hope that clears up any confusion. :)

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Actually it is like some of their other cases and it can act as a stand. Look at the first picture carefully. See the two lines running down? That is the folds for the stand. Here is a link to the Google Nexus 7 case that is very similar: Amazon.com: Poetic Slimline Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus Black(Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)(Final Version: With Secure Magnetic Closure, Cover Able to Fully F

Good observation. It does appear segmented, probably to produce a "support triangle" behind the device, or perhaps as ridges for an easel. The "photos" are not photos but computer renderings, that might be why there are no pictures of it in "stand" mode, like all the others.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Good observation. It does appear segmented, probably to produce a "support triangle" behind the device, or perhaps as ridges for an easel. The "photos" are not photos but computer renderings, that might be why there are no pictures of it in "stand" mode, like all the others.

I think you are right. But ever other slim case they make act as a stand. I have read great user reviews on their quality. Plus, with a 3 year warranty for $10, the first few can be garbage and I will just get replacements.

Sent from another Galaxy... Tab 2 10.1

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it doesn't look like it replaces that back removable cover either, which is probably a good thing. Hopefully they'll get some real life photos soon too so we can see it in action as a stand :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

VKM2F

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
The thin one? No, that absolutely replaces the black removable cover. It is very apparent from the renderings. That is the whole point of the design- it doesn't need velcro, clamps, clips, or straps to hold it on.

Just went back to the link for the slim Poetic and along with those renderings there's a real life picture and it looks as though the Nexus 10 does clip in as opposed to using the space under the removable cover to attach.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just went back to the link for the slim Poetic and along with those renderings there's a real life picture and it looks as though the Nexus 10 does clip in as opposed to using the space under the removable cover to attach.

LOL! I think it is apparent that someone at Poetic is watching this thread :) First we post about no pictures, then suddenly there are renderings on Amazon. Then I post about there being only renderings, not real photos and not being able to tell how it works and suddenly there is a real photo showing exactly that on Amazon. Sure, there are coincidences, but that is a bit much for me to believe!

Seems like they combined the two products- Nexus 7 and 10 into a single Amazon listing, too. I removed my [now obviously] errant post.

Last edited: