Nexus 10 Case

kalebk07

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I received my Poetic case today!! I am loving it, it adds hardly any bulk to the device, I love the color I got (Navy Blue) and the sleep/wake function is AWESOME and works perfectly! I am amazed I got it so quickly, I ordered Friday, got a shipping email a few hours later and received my case today. Very pleased!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I received my Poetic case today!! I am loving it, it adds hardly any bulk to the device, I love the color I got (Navy Blue) and the sleep/wake function is AWESOME and works perfectly! I am amazed I got it so quickly, I ordered Friday, got a shipping email a few hours later and received my case today. Very pleased!

I am pissed. I waited almost a month for it to ship, then mine was shipped USPS a week ago. It made it all the way across the country to my zip code's sorting facility, then was never delivered and now tracking it says it is back in San Fransisco again (which is where Poetic is located). Calling USPS was a total waste of 40 min of time and beyond frustrating, especially trying to get past their damn combative auto attendant. They are so clueless they could not tell me anything about why or even what address it was supposed was used. The tracking site still says it is supposed to be delivered to me Jan 5. I can't stand dealing with USPS and think it is a HUGE negative when ordering things.

Anyway, I gave up and contacted Poetic via Amazon. Guess I have weeks of more waiting :(

kalebk07

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I am pissed. I waited almost a month for it to ship, then mine was shipped USPS a week ago. It made it all the way across the country to my zip code's sorting facility, then was never delivered and now tracking it says it is back in San Fransisco again (which is where Poetic is located). Calling USPS was a total waste of 40 min of time and beyond frustrating, especially trying to get past their damn combative auto attendant. They are so clueless they could not tell me anything about why or even what address it was supposed was used. The tracking site still says it is supposed to be delivered to me Jan 5. I can't stand dealing with USPS and think it is a HUGE negative when ordering things.

Anyway, I gave up and contacted Poetic via Amazon. Guess I have weeks of more waiting :(

Wow. I am really sorry to hear that!! I hope you receive it soon, I know how frustrating USPS can be!! I am sure you will love it once you received it!!

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Can't speak for the other cases, but the 1 cent Roocase will open back flat and does not shut the Nx 10 off.

Yeah, my 1 cent rooCase doesn't shut the screen off when the flap is at the back either. It sleep/wakes find though. It also stopped smelling like chemicals after about 10 days :)

x Pervy Sage

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Did you get the Slimline? My N10 comes tomorrow and I was planning on getting a case.

Also, do you guys think a screen protector is needed? Does it ruin the feel of the screen?

Last edited:

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
R: Nov 30, 2012 order of:

Amazon.com: Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 10 Black (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function)(3 Year Warranty by Poetic): Computers & Accessories

It has been marked as 'in transit' in San Francisco:

Dear Customer,

After further investigation to our shipping department, the package did not go out to the post yet due to the black color continue to have 1-2 days delay. We will be able to move them out on Tuesday. For other colors , we can immediately dispatch them. What colors would you like to change to?

Regards,

Customer Service Team

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like what I got from them, ordered the 25th:

Holiday season will high postal lost rate. WE will resend you another
one on Monday and we will email you the replacement one tracking # on
Monday. Sorry for the delay

Amazon.com: Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 10 Black (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function)(3 Year Warranty by Poetic): Computers & Accessories

Dear Customer,

After further investigation to our shipping department, the package did not go out to the post yet due to the black color continue to have 1-2 days delay. We will be able to move them out on Tuesday. For other colors , we can immediately dispatch them. What colors would you like to change to?

Regards,

Customer Service Team

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Dear Customer,

Regards,

Customer Service Team

Weird. I ordered the black poetic slimline on Friday, and it's on the UPS truck for delivery right now.

Maybe it all depends on what region you live in. I don't know how distribution works with Amazon and 3rd party sellers, but my case started in Breinigsville, PA, and I live in Upstate NY. Maybe they sent a bunch to an Amazon warehouse in PA, and the east coast demand is just less than the west coast? Who knows.

NYGiants84

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, my 1 cent rooCase doesn't shut the screen off when the flap is at the back either. It sleep/wakes find though. It also stopped smelling like chemicals after about 10 days :)

I have the same case but it doesn't auto sleep / wake.. Is there somethign I need to change in the settings for this to function properly?

Stabler75

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Similar situation here - mine's been "in transit" since 1/2,after ordering on 12/25.
I received this today:
Dear Customer,

After further investigation to our shipping department, the package
did not go out to the post yet due to the black color had manufacturer
delay. During this season, our shipping department is moving a lot of
packages every day. They give us a confusing information. They were
not sure which are shipped and which are not shipped.

Sorry about that. We will be able to move them out on Tuesday (
tomorrow). Due to the delay, we are providing partial refund for 5 usd
for the delay. Sorry.

Regards,

Customer Service Team

I may switch to a colored one if it means it will ship faster.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Customer Service wrote back that they had one to send out immediately. They've been really responsive to my inquiry! Looking forward to its arrival. It has been on order for quite awhile!

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Dear Customer,

Regards, Customer Service Team

Oh that is just F***ING great. So since my order was screwed up, I will probably be put back into the back of the queue again. And no, Poetic did not yet even reply to my messages to them. USPS tracking says it is "out for delivery" across the country in San Francisco.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I contacted them through my Amazon purchase. I told them I didn't want to change to a different color. They responded saying they had one to ship immediately to me (how did that happen?). Also gave me a $5 refund on my purchase. Now, when will it arrive? Just keep at them!

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I contacted them through my Amazon purchase. I told them I didn't want to change to a different color. They responded saying they had one to ship immediately to me (how did that happen?). Also gave me a $5 refund on my purchase. Now, when will it arrive? Just keep at them!

Poetic finally responded to my query saying they don't know why it was returned to them. (And USPS has still not contacted me- no surprise there). They asked if my address was correct, it was, and if I still wanted it shipped again, I do. Has been over 24 hours, again, with no response to that message so this just keeps dragging on and on.

If a company is not going to provide a phone number, I think the least they can do is respond to Email in a timely manner; especially when the customer has been wronged and is justifiably upset. A few hours is OK. Several is pushing it. When it becomes more than a day, that is very poor.

I don't want a credit, I just want them to communicate quickly, ship it to me immediately, and if they want to make up for some of this negative experience, then slap faster shipping on it so I am not waiting another whole week on top of all this back-and-forth. Sorry, just venting a bit.