POGO Charger

RaidV92C

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
If you took the time to actually read my post instead of just firing off a wise a$$ answer you would notice the word "secondary" as in
"to have a second charging station". Since my device only came with one power brick your reply is less than helpful.

But hey, thanks for the effort.

Whoa big fella! I read your post and I understood "secondary" location as secondary on the tablet (IE. Primary = USB; Secondary = Mag port). No offense meant.

You're welcome for the effort.

RaidV92C

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
If you took the time to actually read my post instead of just firing off a wise a$$ answer you would notice the word "secondary" as in
"to have a second charging station". Since my device only came with one power brick your reply is less than helpful.

But hey, thanks for the effort.

I actually did take the time to read you post. I understood "secondary" to mean secondary on the tablet... IE. Primary = USB, Secondary = Magnetic connection. No offense meant.

curlysir

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Received my Pogo cable today. Ordered 1-6-2013, shipped 1-7-2013, received 1-22-2013. This is 2 weeks from ordering to receiving, not bad for something that has to come from Korea.

The cable appears to be very well built and has strong magnets. Charging my Nexus 10 on it right now.

jumb

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I purchased on the 6/1, it was dispatched on the 8/1 and it arrived here (Sydney, Australia) on the 21/1. I hadn't checked the mail all week.

The website is fine, it uses Paypal to process the payment.

mhp3

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Ordered on 1/9/13, received 1/23/13. Paid using PayPal. Shippedvia Korea Post and had to clear customs in the process.
The cable chargess fine (seems a bit faster, but this is subjective), seems well made.
I'm happy with it.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
just got mine in the mail yesterday. had to go to states from korea and then back here on a boat. SUCKS! but it works great and very convenient. money well spent.

Blennidae

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on 1/9, it shipped 1/10, and originally arrived on 1/22. I wasn't home and it required a signature, so I just picked it up today at the post office. I am in California. Shipping time does seem consistent based on the other posts in this thread.

LBurdick

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Agreed that it shouldn't charge faster unless the USB has a bad connection, but does anyone know what max amperage the N10 can draw when charging? That's the key. The stock wall wart delivers 2 amps. I've got a 2-porter that delivers a total of only 1.5 amps (crap product). If I can read the fine print, the white Apple wart puts out all of 1 amp. Someone suggested a 3 amp wart that's on Amazon, which I just ordered. It's spec'ed at up to 3.1 amps on both ports. But again, what will the N10 take?

nicobie

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Agreed that it shouldn't charge faster unless the USB has a bad connection, but does anyone know what max amperage the N10 can draw when charging? That's the key. The stock wall wart delivers 2 amps. I've got a 2-porter that delivers a total of only 1.5 amps (crap product). If I can read the fine print, the white Apple wart puts out all of 1 amp. Someone suggested a 3 amp wart that's on Amazon, which I just ordered. It's spec'ed at up to 3.1 amps on both ports. But again, what will the N10 take?

I tried 3 different wall wart chargers, one was a 4A one and they all charged at the same rate (5%/hour). The difference is either in the stock charger or the stock usb cord that gets us 20%/hour

bigbert1

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Ordered one from amazon (Town Communiction) on Jan 24 and it was delivered to Florida on Jan 29 , $5 shipping charge. It is 4 feet long and appears to be of GOOD quality.....magnetically clicks into place snugly. I have read in another post that there is no wrong way to attach the pogo connector ie. No up or down. It appears so.
I have not done any comparative tests with the stock charger, but will leave this to other experts. I have ordered a wall wart from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/PowerGen-Char...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2553912

It will provide 3.1 Amps.....plenty for the N10 to draw from, I should think.

The following post provides a good technical perspective on the Pogo:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-10-tablet-forum/243018-pogo-charger-arrived-today.html

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Ordered one from amazon (Town Communiction) on Jan 24 and it was delivered to Florida on Jan 29 , $5 shipping charge. It is 4 feet long and appears to be of GOOD quality.....magnetically clicks into place snugly. I have read in another post that there is no wrong way to attach the pogo connector ie. No up or down. It appears so.
I have not done any comparative tests with the stock charger, but will leave this to other experts. I have ordered a wall wart from Amazon:

Amazon.com: PowerGen Dual USB 3.1A 15w Travel Wall Charger with Swivel plug for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3, iPhone 5 4s 4 3 3Gs, Amazon Kindle Fire HD DX KeyBoard, Samsung Galaxy Tab (USB Cable NOT included) - BLACK: Home Improvement

It will provide 3.1 Amps.....plenty for the N10 to draw from, I should think.

The following post provides a good technical perspective on the Pogo:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-10-tablet-forum/243018-pogo-charger-arrived-today.html

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

That power gen wall charger u got is tricking you. Alot of sellers do this on amazon. They will write 3.1a charger but if you read details its divided by to ports so you only get 1.5a per port. When i buy a charger i make sure it always has one port at 2.1a.

bigbert1

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. The specs, which I paste below seem to indicate up to 3.1A, presuming I suppose that you are only using one port. Do you think they might be misleading? I may have to cancel the order???
USB Port 1 (labeled as A port, Designed for Apple products) Compatibility
iPad @ 2 Ampere Max.
iPhone / iPod Touch @ 1 Ampere Max.
Others phones / GPS / Tablet etc. @ 0.5 to 3.1A Ampere Max. (May not support charging / or slow charging with some devices)

USB Port 2 (labeled as NA Port, designed for non apple products) Compatibility
iPad @ NOT Compatible
iPhone / iPod Touch @ 0.5 Ampere Max.
Others phones / GPS / Tablet etc. @ 1 to 3.1A Ampere Max.
NOTE 1:Currently known support tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab Series, Amazon Kindle Fire & all other Kindles,Nook Color, HTC Flyer, Huawei Tablets.
NOTE 2: NOT compatible with HP TouchPad, Asus transformer, Motorola Xoom or Blackberry Playbook.

Last edited:

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I actually just got that charger today...
Anything you want me to test out in the morning?
Guess I could plug both the n10 and galaxy nexus in and see if they both read AC charging?

sent from a Nexus, nothing less will do...

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. The specs, which I paste below seem to indicate up to 3.1A, presuming I suppose that you are only using one port. Do you think they might be misleading? I may have to cancel the order???
USB Port 1 (labeled as A port, Designed for Apple products) Compatibility
iPad @ 2 Ampere Max.
iPhone / iPod Touch @ 1 Ampere Max.
Others phones / GPS / Tablet etc. @ 0.5 to 3.1A Ampere Max. (May not support charging / or slow charging with some devices)

USB Port 2 (labeled as NA Port, designed for non apple products) Compatibility
iPad @ NOT Compatible
iPhone / iPod Touch @ 0.5 Ampere Max.
Others phones / GPS / Tablet etc. @ 1 to 3.1A Ampere Max.
NOTE 1:Currently known support tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab Series, Amazon Kindle Fire & all other Kindles,Nook Color, HTC Flyer, Huawei Tablets.
NOTE 2: NOT compatible with HP TouchPad, Asus transformer, Motorola Xoom or Blackberry Playbook.

You forgot this part in product features: Input: AC 100-250V 150mA; Output:DC 5V 3.1A or 15W (Shared by two ports)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae