POGO Charger

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I actually just got that charger today...
Anything you want me to test out in the morning?
Guess I could plug both the n10 and galaxy nexus in and see if they both read AC charging?

sent from a Nexus, nothing less will do...
I just wanna know how quickly it charges the device compared to the in-box charger.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I just wanna know how quickly it charges the device compared to the in-box charger.

That might take a little longer to find out... but Ill see what I can do :)

on a side note, the battery life has greatly improved after a few cycles...
at first I only got about 5hrs of screen time and I was at 25% (mostly running the daydream screen saver)
this last time I got 3hrs of screen time and Im only at 75% (mostly streaming a movie over wifi)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
That might take a little longer to find out... but Ill see what I can do :)

on a side note, the battery life has greatly improved after a few cycles...
at first I only got about 5hrs of screen time and I was at 25% (mostly running the daydream screen saver)
this last time I got 3hrs of screen time and Im only at 75% (mostly streaming a movie over wifi)
Nice. Mine isn't quite as good I don't think but it's enough for what I use it for until I get home.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
on a side note, the battery life has greatly improved after a few [charging/discharging] cycles...

That is normal for Lithium batteries (actually for most all rechargeable batteries) it takes several cycles to get to peak capacity. Then they will slowly deteriorate after that.

bigbert1

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You forgot this part in product features: Input: AC 100-250V 150mA; Output:DC 5V 3.1A or 15W (Shared by two ports)

Tyler: I emailed the manufacturer/distributor and they responded - ?The two ports share 3.1A, that means each port can provide up to 3.1A as long as there is no device in the other port. However, it is the device that determines how much it wants, not the charger. The charger provide amps passively.?
Since I only plan on using the wall wart with one device (my N10) I think I will be OK.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry this took so long, always hectic around here :)

It does not charge as fast.
Stock charger went from 10-54% in 2.5hrs
This one went from 43-75% in 2.5hrs

Keep in mind nothing is linear so in theory the battery may charge the first half faster then the second half, which might mean they are close to the same...

-Danny

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Keep in mind nothing is linear so in theory the battery may charge the first half faster then the second half, which might mean they are close to the same...

-Danny
No worries. Besides, good testing takes time. :p That's actually pretty weird that the stock one actually charges faster than the POGO charger or even the same speed. I thought they were known for being much faster.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if not clear... I though you asked me to compare to the two port 3.1A charger off amazon... I dont own the pogo yet

badhabit_wb

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
just got mine today. 2 weeks from the day i ordered. works good so far and it saves wear and tear on the usb port. not sure about charging speed compared to original cable. i will probably keep the battery topped off when it needs it instead of just plugging it in at bedtime.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The first of the 2 I ordered arrived today. I like it much better than the micro USB connector. Not sure how much faster it charges, but it is faster and charges well with the tablet turned on and in use. Definitely worth $20!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

badhabit_wb

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Fwiw I've been using my pogo charger for 4 days now. If i connect the charger while i'm using the galaxy 10 it will charge it up while in use. I noticed that a few people were having trouble with their battery discharging during use even with the usb cable plugged in. My 10 charges with the pogo cable while i'm using it.

anonuk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

-Danny

Why are people comparing random %?

Is it that hard to compare like for like? Even both from 0-100%

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Because I unfortunately don't have the time to do a better comparison atm... so I figured I would at least try to contribute something...

LBurdick

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
"I have read in another post that there is no wrong way to attach the pogo connector ie. No up or down. It appears so.
I have not done any comparative tests with the stock charger, but will leave this to other experts."

Actually, the magnets are polarized so the charger really grabs when the dished side is toward the screen. Otherwise, it's loose.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc