Nexus 10 Reviews!

slywalk

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately for me, I can't get the nexus 10 until december, but I'm getting it for sure! I was hoping the AC community can give me their experience with their brand new nexus 10's as soon as you can ! I was hoping you could give me details on :
The screen
Battery life
the speakers
how fast is it?
is 4.2 stable and smooth?

Thanks guys!

slywalk

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I want varied answers for varied types of users, not the one review of the one n10 the one guy has. :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I want varied answers for varied types of users, not the one review of the one n10 the one guy has. :p

But that one guy is Jerry. And he has a beard, so be wouldn't like to you :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

slywalk

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Haha. I don't question the validity of his reviews. What I mean is I want to know what the general consensus is on all of its aspects... Its not like I'm not going to buy one regardless. :)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Haha. I don't question the validity of his reviews. What I mean is I want to know what the general consensus is on all of its aspects... Its not like I'm not going to buy one regardless. :)

Google "Nexus 10 reviews" and enjoy yourself then. :D

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The screen? Amazing. It really is beautiful. It makes it VERY difficult to go back to using my N7 as my primary couch/living room tablet. The screen on the N7 is fine, but having such a high resolution at a 10" size just makes browsing the web and playing some games so much more enjoyable.

I admittedly haven't had hours upon hours to play with it, but 4.2 does seem pretty stable on it. I haven't had any Chrome Browser crashes, but even if 4.2 isn't stable or Chrome has issues on 4.2, they will obviously be updated shortly to update that.

Performance has seemed great. My friend played a couple hours of Angry Birds in Space or something, and it looked incredible on the screen and played flawlessly.

After she was done, I pulled out a micro-HDMI cable I have for my ultrabook and plugged it into her TV. The display mirroring was flawless (in 1080p resolution). I played some trailers from the IMDB app and some movies from the Play store. The quality does appear to degrade just slightly as I saw some macroblocking on the 32" LCD TV, but none on the N10's screen. Also, performance does slow down slightly when the display is mirroring. Meaning, scrolling through menus and stuff appears to have a slightly slower framerate, although it never really stuttered completely or froze.

Speakers are excellent. And the build quality, while plastic, feels great. It feels thinner than the N7 in my hands, and feels very light for a 10" tablet. The ergonomics of the tablet make it pleasing to hold. I still feel the 7" form factor is easier for "couch browsing", especially with one hand, but I can't imagine many 10" tablets feeling better ergonomically than this one.

Haven't had a chance to test out the cameras or video playback of different files yet, but I can confirm that photosphere is available on the N10 rear camera. I believe you can fit probably 2-3 movies from the Play Store comfortably on the 16GB version (which I have) before storage starts to become a concern.

In short, it really is the device most of us were expecting it to be.

samiam2714

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The screen

The screen is absolutely amazing! I've watched forward unto dawn on it and Ice Age the other day. (it came preloaded on it) it is so clear and smooth.

Battery life

So far I am experiencing good battery life I have been playing with it almost constanly since friday night/ Saturday morning (About 1am) I think it wil last a full day of note taking video watching and gaming

the speakers

I am not music expert but my usual mash up of country and rock and roll sound just fine to me. the volume is plenty loud too.

how fast is it?

Very quick it loads up videos and apps lightning fast

I've only spazzed it out once so far. I made it think too hard. I am really good at that though.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately for me, I can't get the nexus 10 until december, but I'm getting it for sure! I was hoping the AC community can give me their experience with their brand new nexus 10's as soon as you can ! I was hoping you could give me details on :
The screen
Battery life
the speakers
how fast is it?

Addressing your questions:
*The screen is just absolutely unreal. I have never seen anything on any device that could compare. Viewing my high-res wedding photography really made my jaw drop.
*The battery life, so far, is not as good as the Xoom Nexus. But it is still new and has not been cycled much yet.
*The speakers are *GREAT*. No, they don't have much bass, but no tablet does. But they do have good volume, great stereo separation, fantastic placement.
*It is fast. Plenty fast. Installing apps and such is so much faster than the Xoom (to which I am comparing it) and faster than the Evo LTE.
*For me 4.2 is stable and smooth, but some people are having some early-release bugs which will probably be ironed out over the coming weeks.

It feels solid, well built, is easy to hold and use, lightweight too, and crazy-thin. I *LOVE* usb charging. I am not sure what they did to the glass, but it seems to repel most fingerprints and smears. The only things that would make this tablet better (for me) would be: SD card, USB storage mounting, and IR blaster. My previous tablet only had one of those three.

Xertion3

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
What about apps? I have the galaxy note 10.1 and see no real issues with apps but it's a low res screen by comparison to the nexus 10. Many reviews rave about the device but talk a great deal of the lack of apps for such a great screen. Thoughts?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
What about apps? I have the galaxy note 10.1 and see no real issues with apps but it's a low res screen by comparison to the nexus 10. Many reviews rave about the device but talk a great deal of the lack of apps for such a great screen. Thoughts?

Most of the apps I use work just fine with the resolution. The only exception being Amazon App Store (which is being worked on). Anything that is text based will just work. Some games and things might not use the full res, but seem to all work fine. Displaying high-res video and photos is just WOW.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The screen: not really much to say about the screen that hasn't already been said, its everythign you could ever want. People have talked about light bleed but mine is PERFECT.

Battery life: I haven't done a full charge to empty yet but it has lasted longer than my gtab10.1. Battery stats show 2days on charge with 9.5 hours of screen on time.

the speakers: the one thing I loved with the gtab10.1 was the stereo side speakers and this takes it one step farther with stereo front facing speakers. They also sound great and play and play as stereo speakers would.

how fast is it? Faster then both my previous tablets(gtab10.1 and nexus7). I haven't done any heavy stuff on it thought.

is 4.2 stable and smooth? I have not had any issues with it so far.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
As far as apps are concerned, I've only used a few so far:

HBO Go -- Just updated a few hours ago and now works fine.
Play Movies -- Awesome. High resolution thumbnails for suggested movies, great use of screen space, and the movies play great.
Play Magazines -- The text on some of the older magazines probably isn't taking advantage of the full resolution, but the images in the mags are awesome.
Play Books -- Excellent
IMDB -- Just as good as Play Movies. In fact, they probably use the Fragments API just as well as Google devs do. It's a wonderful app.
Angry Birds Space -- The splash screen and some other assets (loading screen, etc) probably aren't updated for tablets as they only use about 1/4th the screen. But the actual gameplay and menus take advantage of the full screen and look incredibly good.

Virtually all of the other apps I've tried (ESPN FF, Wells Fargo Banking, etc) scale perfectly fine on the screen with absolutely ZERO issues.

That actually speaks to one of the problems I have with a lot of review comparisons between the iPad and Android Tablets: reviewers constantly talking about how many "tablet specific" apps iOS has that Android doesn't. Why is that a red herring? Because Android doesn't NEED tablet specific apps if the apps are coded correctly using the Android SDK. The tools are there to ensure that the apps will scale properly to the different devices, and only certain types of apps will require tablet specific assets or complete frameworks.

Anyway, color me impressed.