Nexus 10 making humming sound :(

circleinsideabox

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus 10 is making a small humming/buzzing sound near the volume buttons. It only emits the sound with the screen ON. I will have to call Google ASAP, this is not a good sign........
It's because of the screen because when I adjust the brightness, the sound changes as I am adjusting...

newdroidexp

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
well im happy you got your device , still waiting for mine . but this is much worse if the device is deffective. i rather be waiting for my device then a deffective device. sorry to hear that man. hope all is well

circleinsideabox

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Google and they were awesome! I will have to order a new tablet (which I won't get charged for but I will have that 399 hold on my credit card until they receive the old one)...so I will never be without my device.
The guy confirmed that I have a manufacturer defect with the screen board actually touching the speakers.

Ross Cheeseright

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for coming back on this one. I have the same problem. Going to call them after boxing day. A lot of people just get their answer and then never visit the forum again! I :)

JayCrawford

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem, and Google will replace my unit. They claimed not to have heard of the issue before, but were more than willing to send a replacement unit.

Darkkef

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
OMFG received mine from US 2 days ago ... Im in Colombia and have the same problem loud low pitched sound with low light (discovered on the bathroom while ehem...reading haha) high pitched low sound with brightest screen level ...fortunately the tablet came with damaged corner apparently from a fall to the floor so im getting a compensation for the total price of the tablet from the ups subsidiary company..and get to keep it... since none of your tablet fell to the ground im now assuming fall is not the reason of screen screech ....RMA its out of the question... Will there be another solution toy this? Im watching v?deos of n10 dissasembly and its very easy...or should i just let it be since apart from the noise the tablet works flawlessly and im getting all of the money back??
PS sry for my english...

furcisiculo

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I live in Belgium and I bought a Nexus 10 in San Fransisco to SAMPLES the 27/01/2013. Unfortunately, back to my country, my Nexus 10 is making a small humming/buzzing sound when I adjust the brightness of the screen.:':)'(

Is it possible to repair it? What about the warranty?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I live in Belgium and I bought a Nexus 10 in San Fransisco to SAMPLES the 27/01/2013. Unfortunately, back to my country, my Nexus 10 is making a small humming/buzzing sound when I adjust the brightness of the screen.:':)'(

Is it possible to repair it? What about the warranty?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hae you updated to 4.2.2 to see if that resolves the problem?

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
how can you be sure it is in furcisiculo's case? I have seen what appear to be hardware problems turn out to be software.

If it is indeed a hardware problem, and the poster I quoted is in Belgium and purchased it at Staples [I think SAMPLES may be a translation error] in the US they are going to have a hard time obtaining an exchange/repair.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
how can you be sure it is in furcisiculo's case? I have seen what appear to be hardware problems turn out to be software.

If it is indeed a hardware problem, and the poster I quoted is in Belgium and purchased it at Staples [I think SAMPLES may be a translation error] in the US they are going to have a hard time obtaining an exchange/repair.

I see what you mean.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

XCORPIO1021

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Lol Kind of late to the table. Bought the nexus 10 yesterday. I was so excited that I didn't notice the noise. Come next day I wake, grabbed the thing to check my email and what do I hear!??? Hahaha went straight back to the place I bought and got another one. Got back to my car and opened the damn thing and turned it on and what do I hear!??? Oh we'll screw Sammy and google. Not gonna play their games. It's a shame because the tablet is fantastic. No sluggishness. I actually felt like if it was a pc when browsing. Oh well, guess ill go with apple. Really didn't want too since they are so restrictive but for watching movies and browsing and music no android tablet can beat it. I love my galaxy s4 though. ;)

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Seems odd you would get 2 with this same defect when so many of us don't have that problem at all. To date only 6 people have even posted of that problem. I wonder if there was a problem with the "staples" batch of N10s.

XCORPIO1021

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
lol 2 in a row? how about 3??? yep...and i didn't get it @staples .... went back to get another after 5 days. same thing. that noise when adjusting the brightness. Now I'm thinking people might have it with their tablets but don't pay attention... the noise is not that bad unless you want to record sound... really bad =( since the mic is right next to it

XCORPIO1021

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
So WHERE did you buy it from???

i got it @ walmart. wondering if they got the "bad" batch. lol staples was out of them. No one else is carrying them. Not Best Buy. Not Frys. :( By the way i said no to apple. I'm waiting for the ASUS 'NEW' infinity. Although if they turn out to manufacture another product like the Infinity TF700, screw them too. lol that tablet was a P.O.S. Only nice thing that it had was the screen and brightness. My galaxy s3 was faster than that scrap metal. lol (sorry for posting this here, i know ;))

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800