Warm by the camera

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I noticed, after using the N10 for several hours now it has gotten warm by the camera. Its not bad but after looking at the teardown I'm not sure what is getting warm. It's not to hot to hold or uncomfortable, just an observation.

cormasco

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine is slightly warm just below the back camera, but its so slight I never would have noticed it at all until I read your post. This thing is incredibly thin so I would expect a little warmth. I think its a non issue.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine is slightly warm just below the back camera, but its so slight I never would have noticed it at all until I read your post. This thing is incredibly thin so I would expect a little warmth. I think its a non issue.

Let's hope non issue doesn't turn into a thread about the N10 bursting into flames. :p

How are you liking the tablet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cormasco

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
This tablet is fantastic. The build quality is excellent. I didn't really like the way it looked in pictures but ordered it anyway. I was completely wrong it looks great, super thin, feels good, looks good. Runs great so far, no lag, no glitches or reboots. I have used ipad2, ipad4, surface, touchpad, and nexus7. IMO the N10 is better than all of them except the surface hardware wise. My only complaint is the power button is hard to press, its barely raised above the bezel. It feels spongy, or squishy when pressed.

stevedoz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you say in what way you feel its better than ipad 4

This tablet is fantastic. The build quality is excellent. I didn't really like the way it looked in pictures but ordered it anyway. I was completely wrong it looks great, super thin, feels good, looks good. Runs great so far, no lag, no glitches or reboots. I have used ipad2, ipad4, surface, touchpad, and nexus7. IMO the N10 is better than all of them except the surface hardware wise. My only complaint is the power button is hard to press, its barely raised above the bezel. It feels spongy, or squishy when pressed.

cormasco

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Can you say in what way you feel its better than ipad 4

I prefer the wide screen on the N10 vs the square screen on iPad. The N10 also has stereo sound with the front speakers. You can hear the sound move between the speakers, its great. The N10 is also thinner and lighter. I hated the YouTube experience on ipad, no stock app and the apps available are sub par. YouTube on android is excellent. For all the praise apple gets for reliability and ease of use I had random app closures and other issues with the ipad4. So far I've had no issues with the N10.

dodysw

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I noticed, after using the N10 for several hours now it has gotten warm by the camera. Its not bad but after looking at the teardown I'm not sure what is getting warm. It's not to hot to hold or uncomfortable, just an observation.

According to teardown, that's where the main processor located, so make sense it gets warm.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Wow. You really liked the nexus 10 more than the surface? The surface was supposed to be the best tablet because it ran windows 8. How do you like android 4.2 compared to windows 8 rt?

Sent from my jelly bean flavored nexus

cormasco

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Actually I said its better than all of them EXCEPT the surface. I think the surface hardware is better but windows rt has a lot of issues and restrictions that really turned me off. I will probably buy the surface pro when it comes out. Android is a better mobile os than windows rt at this time. I'm sure windows rt will improve in the future. I have no need for office apps and use my tablets for video, web surfing, games etc.. and that's why I prefer the N10.

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I use my infrared thermometer got a temperature reading about 106 degrees just below the camera. by comparison it was about 80 degrees at the upper corners of the tablet. this was after playing need for speed for about 20 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

I use my infrared thermometer got a temperature reading about 106 degrees just below the camera. by comparison it was about 80 degrees at the upper corners of the tablet. this was after playing need for speed for about 20 minutes.

newdroidexp

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The reason why the buttons are hard to press is because let say your playing a game and the way you hold the device you don't actually want to press the button but u accidently do and bam your saved progress is gone . its a deffinate improvement. I returned my samsu g tab 10.1 for this device ?!!!! And so happy I did

supertaco

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine is warm too, according to google, 106? f are aprox 40? c

Mine gets 40C when playing nova 3... But what it's annoying me is that the overheat causes slowness on the games... Somebody has experienced that too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci