My Full Video Review & Walkthrough of the Nexus 10

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
For those interested:

In this video I review the Google Nexus 10 tablet by Samsung, including a breakdown of the specs, tour of the device and a demonstration of everything from how movies, music, books, magazines, web surfing, apps and reading comic books look on the gorgeous 2560 x 1600 (300 ppi) HD high resolution screen.

(UPDATE: Since this original post, I have created 3 video reviews, in which I address many of the things people asked for in the forums and comment sections)

Thanks for watching, I hope it's helpful for those still considering a purchase of the N10 :)

Last edited:

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Great review, thanks.
Looking forward to Monday when UPS shows up at my door.
Looks like my Galaxy Tab 7 plus will be gathering dust or relegated to a travel tablet.

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Wow, over thirty minutes! I'd say that's comprehensive!

Yeah, I really wanted to cover more bases than many of the review videos I saw that were always too short or just gave a generic mini tour...whereas I prefer to see more things in action (i.e. how do books & comics look, video etc). It is mostly meant for those who are wondering if they should buy it and want to see more before making a decision. :)

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to demonstrate gaming and Google Now in my video, so I may shoot a follow up in order to include those things. Let me know if there is anything else I neglected to mention in the review...thanks!

baker8552

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey great review! have you tried any emulators on it, possibly snes or N64? Mine is coming in monday but im not sure if I should open it because one of my main reasons for a tablet was having emulators and using a wiimote/ps3 controller with a OTG cable, But I read that no emulators are compatible with this device.. I've been searching for hours and can't find anything about it so I decided to ask youtubers. It'd be great if you could let me know, thanks!

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried an emulator yet, but I did check the Google Play store and SuperGNES does not say it's incompatible and is available to install. Usually if an app is incompatible, it will say so in the Play store. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I haven't tried yet. :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
nice review. went in to many details and was a long review. liked that.

include multiuser support and show us the settings briefly.

I may do a follow up video to include gaming, Google Now and dig into the settings a little further. I'm also noticing that sometimes the tablet will freeze and re-start. I am assuming there will be a future bug fix update coming out soon to address it, as I am sure, now that it is getting into people's hands, that Google is very interested in squashing any bugs ASAP.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow, thank you. That was the best video I've seen about the Nexus 10 thus far, much, much better than what I've seen on Youtube so far. You covered everything I wanted to see. I also make video reviews and I don't know how I'm going to live up to that LOL! I can't wait to get mine tomorrow.

peaches1998

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I agree that your review was the best I have seen.

I learned about several features that I hadn't discovered on my own as I am new to Android.

Thanks.

Shelly

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Excellent Review!!! Still trying to Decide between This and another Samsung 10.1 Tablet. I just wish this had a Micro SD and my mind would be made up.

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Excellent Review!!! Still trying to Decide between This and another Samsung 10.1 Tablet. I just wish this had a Micro SD and my mind would be made up.

The on-board 32 GB's has been more than enough for me, since everything is so cloud based or saved in the Play store anyway. For instance, my girlfriend likes to play hidden object games and they are usually a few hundred megs to download - which barely make a dent in the memory - when she beats a game, I just remove it from the device, but if she ever wants to play it again in the future, it's right there in the Play store under the apps / games I have downloaded or purchased and we can easily re-install it.

Same for movies. If I am traveling for work, I'll simply side-load a few movies (we usually buy Blu-Ray with digital copies) and I'll just delete them when I get back, but still have them if I want to re-install them again.

Beyond that, with Amazon MP3 and the like, I just don't have a need to use as much storage, since there is no reason to save everything all the time...not with everything backed up to the cloud. I currently have around 200 apps saved on the device and the memory has barely blinked an eyelash. Not to mention a couple of movies, some books, mags etc.

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: My Full Video Review & Walkthrough of the Nexus 10

also talk about the design. i would like to see more about it.

What would you like to know? The beginning of the video was a physical tour of the design & device, how thin it is, how good it feels in the hand etc...but if I left something out, let me know and I'd be happy to address in a follow up video or in the comments here.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, thank you. That was the best video I've seen about the Nexus 10 thus far, much, much better than what I've seen on Youtube so far. You covered everything I wanted to see. I also make video reviews and I don't know how I'm going to live up to that LOL! I can't wait to get mine tomorrow.

Thanks so much :) I look forward to seeing your review!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Full Video Review & Walkthrough of the Nexus 10

What would you like to know? The beginning of the video was a physical tour of the design & device, how thin it is, how good it feels in the hand etc...but if I left something out, let me know and I'd be happy to address in a follow up video or in the comments here.

oh.. well, you did review the design better... maybe its just me.. I am hungry for N10 reviews.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I was also wondering can you use a pen with it like with the Galaxy Note 10.1. I like that option.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance