Nexus 10 crash & reboot

mdcraig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
yep same here, at least 3 times a day. Most of the time, I'm not even using it. It will be sitting on the coffee table, then spring to life on the boot screen. I was hoping the 4.2.1 update would fix it, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

sidamos

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Until now, I only had 2 crashes when using Chrome (that was before the recent updates).

Maybe you can try to set your WiFi frequency setting on the N10 to 2.4 GHz instead of Auto. Auto crashed my GNex with 4.1 1-3 times per day.

thenomad

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Google must have heard me. I haven't seen the strange crash since I posted this query. It's been nicely stable and behaving itself.

Of course, now that I've said that...

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I am on the market for a new tablet and I was looking between the nexus 10 and ipad mini, I know the mini has low res, I have used a nexus 7 and lagged a lot, and the nexus 7 had much more horsepower and better res, but all this crashes that people are having are making me think is not a great choice, I heard chrome or facebook are the culprits. I need some help on what to choose, none of the other android tablets I am interested on, I tried even the kindle fire HD 8.9 and the browser was a bad experience, the speakers were good though.

what I am looking for:
Performance
Apps
Great Speakers
Great for video watching specially in HD.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I am on the market for a new tablet and I was looking between the nexus 10 and ipad mini, I know the mini has low res

And is much slower, and has much less memory, and a worse camera, and far worse sound, and much smaller screen, and, and, and...

I have used a nexus 7 and lagged a lot,

The Nexus 10 is much faster than the Nexus 7. I never see any "lag".

and the nexus 7 had much more horsepower and better res, but all this crashes that people are having are making me think is not a great choice,

I have not had but a single crash/freeze and that was with the stock browser (Chrome) quite a while ago.

I heard chrome or facebook are the culprits. I need some help on what to choose, none of the other android tablets I am interested on, I tried even the kindle fire HD 8.9 and the browser was a bad experience, the speakers were good though.

You might end up with no problems at all on an N10. One thing is for sure, the N10 is Google's flagship device, it has already seen updates in its short life and will continue to be updated to fix any issues. The N10 should make the Fire HD seem like a toy...

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
And is much slower, and has much less memory, and a worse camera, and far worse sound, and much smaller screen, and, and, and...

The Nexus 10 is much faster than the Nexus 7. I never see any "lag".

I have not had but a single crash/freeze and that was with the stock browser (Chrome) quite a while ago.

You might end up with no problems at all on an N10. One thing is for sure, the N10 is Google's flagship device, it has already seen updates in its short life and will continue to be updated to fix any issues. The N10 should make the Fire HD seem like a toy...

but there is a chance I might end up with problems on it huh? darn I like the nexus but I keep reading about random reboots and freezes makes me think before making an order I guess I will have to wait until there is a fix for it at least for now.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
but there is a chance I might end up with problems on it huh? darn I like the nexus but I keep reading about random reboots and freezes makes me think before making an order I guess I will have to wait until there is a fix for it at least for now.

Believe it or not, there is also a chance you could buy an iPad and have problems (or at least disappointment and regret). There are just so many possibilities.

From someone who has owned and/or used many, many different devices, I can tell you that, for me, the N10 experience has been very positive so far, and I think it is only going to get even better. If you want to wait, that is certainly valid- it just means even more accessories will be available after your purchase!

Chicho1970

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me. There weren't specific pattern, any app can trigger a hang, nothing could be pressed after that, even the home button froze. After about half a minute, it would reboot itself.

This happened strangely often when launching chrome with existing tabs on previous session. But I can not reproduce this reliably. Firefox is hopeless in my case, it would crash in a few seconds, but won't cause rebooting.

I had the same issue with chrome even after their latest update I've since been using dolphin browser and seems to be okay now. Its sad chrome should be much better if they want to ship the nexus 10 with it as the default browser.

Xertion3

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Add me to this list of crashing. Went to colored X and stalled. I had to force restart the tablet. So far this being my first nexus device I'm a bit disappointed with all the quirks.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

decious

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I have also had periodic restarts, some are just quick reboots, others cause the system to hang and I have to a hard restart (holding the power button) to get it to come back. I cannot pin point it to a particular app, I have had it freeze in a variety of apps.

I am also experience issues with the wireless where the connection will just stop, only way to get it back to a good state is to disable and enable the wireless.

girl_honey

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Miner's crashed twice today already,and I was using different apps both times. Glad to see its a common problem and not just me, Hope GoogLe fixes it asap

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the original galaxy tab 10 and never had the crashes this thing does.
Its ridiculous how many times it crashes.
I would complain to Google since I bought it direct but I don't want to have to reload all my apps and settings.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

mooch91

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
How is it possible that something this critical - first reported a month and a half ago - is still not fixed?

As you can imagine I'm a new N10 owner (Xmas gift) and I've had at least two random lockups and reboots a day since I opened it up. As I search the web to find all of these similar reports I only get more frustrated...

newforumguy

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Same thing.
It crashed while browsing Amazon twice. Had to reboot.
It crashed again while browsing nationalgeography. left the device as it froze. it rebooted after nearly 30 minutes.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I think this thing gets more unstable with time. I use to never get crashes since I updated it and then factory resetted it right away. I ran it just fine for over a month without a single freeze or crash, even manage to keep GPS on. After like 30 days started getting alittle unstable. Would 100% freeze so i would have to hold power and volume, after 3 different days of this I decided to disable location. Now all I get is rare freeze and reboots. They're rare but annoying. I think google is avoiding pushing out a update fast because they want to keep the software numbers low because they believe project butter is a finished project. Android 4.1.2 was suppose to be a polished upgraded version of 4.0 with all the performance bugs worked out.

dave1216

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
First post on this site. Was planning on getting a tablet this Christmas. Did not want to enter the Apple world so I thought getting the Nexus 10 would be a no-brainer. But with the reports here of crashes, lockups, reboots, battery woes, flickers...I was holding off until a solution was provided. But what percentage of users are actually seeing these type of problems. Does anyone have an sense for if these problems are a small or significant percentage of all owners?

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
First post on this site. Was planning on getting a tablet this Christmas. Did not want to enter the Apple world so I thought getting the Nexus 10 would be a no-brainer. But with the reports here of crashes, lockups, reboots, battery woes, flickers...I was holding off until a solution was provided. But what percentage of users are actually seeing these type of problems. Does anyone have an sense for if these problems are a small or significant percentage of all owners?

Almost all the problems seem to stem from the last update, and we are overdue for a "fix" update.
If I had to guess, I would say that probably most people are experiencing at least occasional lockup, reboots, and/or screen flicker. But I would speculate that for the vast, vast majority they are just occasional or rare minor annoyances. The tablet is extremely functional for me.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Almost all the problems seem to stem from the last update, and we are overdue for a "fix" update.
If I had to guess, I would say that probably most people are experiencing at least occasional lockup, reboots, and/or screen flicker. But I would speculate that for the vast, vast majority they are just occasional or rare minor annoyances. The tablet is extremely functional for me.

THAT!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm