2560p video to show off your new N10 screen

tofo17

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If you go to TimeScapes: Timelapse Movie & Time-Lapse Forum you can download the trailer in 2560p format, perfect for the N10.

It plays beautifully in MX Player if you turn the H/W decoder on (H/W+ doesn't work). Up your brightness to full as it is quite a dark video. And turn up the sound too.

I should note that it plays more smoothly on my N10 than it does on my Intel Core i7 laptop through VLC Player!

Joescan09

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow what quality this device offers, I'm definitely using this trailer to show off my nexus 10 thanks ToFo for the heads up.

peaches1998

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the link.

Another movie which is amazing in it's detail, sharpness and interest is Micro cosmos which is available on Netflix for streaming subscribers. It remains one of my demo movies,

Shelly

bschrib

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Good find, I'm just impressed.. I knew this tablet had a great screen but this really shows it off. Not to mention I can't believe how well it's rendering 2560p content using the hardware decoder!

Also you can go install GMD Gesture Control to turn off your status bar/onscreen keys to gain a little more real-estate and less distraction!

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
That video is actually 1440p. It's 2560x1440, "p" prefers to the vertical resolution, not horizontal. But yeah, an excellent demo of that screen resolution.

rocko_tweet

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone think there will be much other content coming at this resolution? I would assume most movies/tv will be 1080p maybe moving to 4k in the future.

I have never been a fan of the 'retina display' I see it bloating games and draining battery for minimal benefit.

Happy to be proven wrong :) might just be my eyes are too bad to get the real benefit!

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Anyone think there will be much other content coming at this resolution? I would assume most movies/tv will be 1080p maybe moving to 4k in the future.

Most movies today are 1080p, whatever there will be 4K content depends on TV market and still there no medium to carry 4K, that movie ("TimeScapes") takes 160GB in 4K which is 3 dual-layer blu-rays :p

I should note that it plays more smoothly on my N10 than it does on my Intel Core i7 laptop through VLC Player!

You sure you got hardware acceleration turned on there? :p

steven5watson

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Seems a little jerky in places. Haven't got my 10 yet but am hoping it's more fluid in real life especially as i'll be trying to show off the nexus 10.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Seems a little jerky in places. Haven't got my 10 yet but am hoping it's more fluid in real life especially as i'll be trying to show off the nexus 10.

Might be the time lapse effect making it look jerky. Its smooth on my N10 using mxplayer...

EDIT: Actually the "timescapes 4k" trailer plays just as smooth in the native video player. However rapture.mov video doesn't play in the native video player....both look great HDMI out to a 46" HDTV as you'd imagine....

Last edited: