poor wifi performance

GBSoren71965

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been playing with my Nexus 10 for a day now and have had numerous times when my WiFi connection has been lost and my connection strength fluctuates a lot. I've never had this problem with my Nexus 7. Anyone else experiencing this?

Joescan09

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Yup I noticed the same thing the other day, when I place the device flat on a surface the wifi struggles to hold a connection.

Trilliumknits

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any WiFi hiccups yet after almost a week of fairly heavy use, even on less than stellar public WiFi networks.

That includes a bunch of netflx streaming.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

coffee35

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I did notice the wifi would drop a lot during the first couple days I had it. I have 2 access points (2.4GHz and 5Ghz). The 5Ghz is downstairs and the signal was only a couple bars. I ended up moving the 5Ghz access point upstairs (where I use the nexus 10 most) and besides having a much stronger signal, it didn't drop the connection as much. I streamed about 2 hours video last night on it with no issues. It seems like it struggles when it doesn't have a really strong signal.

Other than that. This thing is awesome. I like it a lot more than my iPad 2.

GBSoren71965

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I'm thinking I may have to relocate my WiFi to get a better signal. I don't have any trouble with my nexus 7 or any of my laptops so it is a little disappointing. Other than that so far I love the N10, even hooked it to my 50" TV thru micro HDMI, worked great!

Joescan09

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the wifi issue at work where the signal is pretty shady in my office. So I believe it's just a matter of a bad signal and the N10 as well my Nexus S have issues. At home it's rock solid thought my whole house.

rglong9

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed the same problem. It doesn't happen at my sister's house, where I have installed an identical wireless router as I have at home. I don't have a problem with any other wireless device as the signal is rock solid for my laptop, my Samsung S III as well as an older tablet that I am replacing. It has become very frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci