Multiple users, Login password?

goober007

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
So I just received my N10 today and was setting up multiple accounts for the other family members.

I was wondering if there's any way to create per user login passwords. Similarly to windows login screen password prompts.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I would think yes. go to the user you want to set the password and set a pin in settings.

I dont have the Nexus 10 yet so there is no way to test it yet.

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
That's the way I did it. I have a pattern lock but the other account is just slide to unlock. You set the security unlock per account.

goober007

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Excellent!!, thanks a bunch.

One more question for anyone who knows the answer.
Is there a way for me to get Google Play to require a password if someone tries to install apps? or in app purchases?

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Excellent!!, thanks a bunch.

One more question for anyone who knows the answer.
Is there a way for me to get Google Play to require a password if someone tries to install apps? or in app purchases?

I believe there are two ways in which it works. You set a pin as the above poster mentioned, and then you can check an option to require a pin for any app purchases, but they can install any other apps that are free without the pin. Also, you can filter the types of apps they can see in the store, but I believe the filter works by genre/rating. So the user controls for the app filters aren't the best, but it may serve your particular purpose.