Nexus 10 or wait for 2013?

futureandroider

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been reading reviews all day and every time I scroll to the comments I see at least one person mentioning to wait for next wave tablets coming in 2013 that are supposedly changing the tablet scene. I think some mentioned how they are suppose to bring tablet PCs that much closer to almost replacing desktops. I am having a hard time finding more background information about these upcoming tablets, does anyone know what they are referring to?

I understand that with electronics there is always advancement in technology with time...but what they are saying seems to be a big change

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
If you always wait for the next best thing, you will never have a tablet. Trust me. I did it. What you have to do is decide that you don't care what the next best is. At some point, you have to settle. Plus, you can upgrade whenever you want to.

Sent from another Galaxy... Tab 2 10.1

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
If you always wait for the next best thing, you will never have a tablet. Trust me. I did it. What you have to do is decide that you don't care what the next best is. At some point, you have to settle. Plus, you can upgrade whenever you want to.

Sent from another Galaxy... Tab 2 10.1

Well said.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
They might be talking about the Windows Surface next generation tablets. But what you're reading is likely put out by journalists and their job is to grab eyeballs and so they spew out lots of "exciting" stuff in order to grab those eyeballs. Maybe they're right, or maybe they're just spewing.

The Nexus 7 tablet is a good deal at the price it's going for. I had one but I'm a geezer and needed a bigger screen and sold it and got a Nexus 10. They're both great but the Nexus 10 is easier on my eyes. So you could get a Nexus 7 and get your feet wet, so to speak, in the tablet arena for not a lot of money, and get a very nice tablet.

Edit: Ah, I re-read your post; you're seeing these prognostications in the comments. Makes their likelihood even more dubious in my mind.

Last edited:

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It's all speculation. I'd go with the nexus 10. I did and I love it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
my Philosopy is this if spending >$200 on a tablet then the tablet needs to be < 6 months from its release date. If it is not then wait for the next big thing.